flock being mean to another chicken

chickentownUSA

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with a flock of 5 birds that have been together since chicks and all of a sudden now 4 of the 5 are picking, chasing, stomping, and just over all being mean to the other chicken in the flock? Breaks my heart to see her cast aside???

Interesting since they have always been together. Is she down for some reason and the others have sensed this? Maybe a temp time out for the biggest meanie would help disrupt the order a bit.

Hi thanks for trying to help me!
No she doesn't seem down at all I keep watching for that but she is fine.
I have put medication on her comb because they have picked at it so bad.
Tonight I brought her in the garage in a dog cage to give her a break from the beating in the morning she usually gets first thing when I go open the coop door. I lock my girls up at night since we have had bad experiences with coons. So sounds goofy but I don't want anything getting them so at night I lock their coop door when they go in and unlock early in the morning for them.

Question is is better to take the meanie out or her????
But how do I take three of the 4 left in the coop out......or is that the best thing to do and leave her in? I could pu them all in seperate cages within the big yard? Which is better?

Back
Top Bottom