Foam egg chick!(Hatched) Have unhatched eggs left, How to help them or wait?

Chicka_dee17

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2019
Yesterday was day 21 for Paint Silkie eggs, one chick had foam coming out of egg half way through the zip. I have never seen this before so I didn't end up helping the chick till this morning because I had no idea what it was. The chick is all clean and in Hatcher drying off as of this morning (Looks Good) then another one ended up dying because I didn't know it had the same problem (couldn't see that is had a parcel zip) .
The temp has been good in incubator for lockdown @ 98.6-99.3 and humidity at 60% for lockdown but noticed the other chicks did better with humidity at 51 for hatching ? I'm so confused on why this is happening
-Note- the chick that hatched from foam I gave it some raw egg yolk thinking maybe it didn't get it's egg yolk completly, but I don't know, the navel area looked good, he survived from 6:30am yesterday till 7am today being glued in his shell before I was able to help!

--- I have other eggs in the bator I candled a couple about an hour ago and I could see one that looks to have head or wing (something) in air sac area, Still alive.
I would like for it to hatch but worried I'm going to come into the same problem a Foam Chick.

Question-- should I make a pin hole in the air sac? Not sure if that's a good idea or not

Thank you for anyone that can help!

Back
Top Bottom