foamy eye!?!?

No there was no swelling. The picture was taken right before I left. At the moment I'm not living where the animals are so I went to let them out this morning and couldn't stay long enough to see if anything more had happened. I am going back later this afternoon to put them up. I will bring a rag and wipe her eye and see if it was just foam or If her eye lids are swollen.

My phone hates me right now :( the charger isn't working and it died before I got to take any pictures. I'm currently on my tablet that has no camera :he but I brought A rag with me and wiped her eye, all the while she growled like a dinosaur. It kinda looked like mucus when I wiped, Her whole eye wasn't covered like earlier.

No nasal discharge, rales, sneezing, or coughing? If not, it may be a simple eye infection. I hope so. You should give her tetracycline to ward off any infection, and/or use Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment to treat the eye(s) directly. If you notice any other symptoms, please let us know immediately. Just out of curiosity, have you smelled her up close? If not, check to see if she smells like a normal chicken, or if there's a foul odor.

She's been healthy since I hatched her a few days after New Years. no coughing, sneezing or discharge.. nothing. I did some research before I got on here, and did read about the smell, but if she's growling at me I don't want to put my face in reach of her pointy, well aimed beak. Tomorrow I will bring something to put over her head. I was thinking it might have been a simple eye infection and was trying to find my Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment today but came up empty. I had it because the rooster, Spencer, with her had gotten in to a pen with the older birds and go his eye pecked. I will try to find it again when I get Off of here. Should I flush her eye with something?

You're welcome... and me, too!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom