Found Injured Hawk Up-Date

Gracefulspice

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Pa
I know a hawk is bad news for my chickens. But this little thing needs help. I found him along the side of the road, cannot fly, I think his wing is broken or damaged. I didn't take a real close look. He's in a pet carrier now. He;s no bigger then pigeon. I'm not sure who to call. I don't have a local wild life conservancy near me. I live in Eastern Pa. I did a web search and ot much luck there either. Any ideas? I know It's illegal for me to keep and mend it. But I feel so bad for him, I just want someone to help.

Last edited:
Doesn't anyone answer their phones anymore? I called a few places and each place I had to leave a message. Guess it's a waiting game now. Thanks for the info.

I too think it's way to small to do any harm to my chickens. I think my chickens would harm it tho. He's still in the carrier in a shed with a towel over it. I gave it water, but not sure if I should try to feed it.

I finally got a call back from Aark Foundation. They are a wild life conservacy. I have to drive this hawk to them. It's going to take an hour to get there. They will care for it and release when it's better. Makes me wonder what I got myself into? At least I know I did right and it will be okay. Thanks for everyones help. I'll see if I can get a picture before I take it tonight. It's very stunning.

Back
Top Bottom