Free Egg Incubation Software, New Release.

Pics
AH I didn't notice that ... makes sense.. So I could have 2 of the same breed one lower and one uppercase? Not that I see a need for that..LOL

I love this software :love with 7 broody hens sitting on turkey and chicken eggs, and 2 more thinking about it....I would never keep good notes without this :wee
I love this software too!
:woot

Thanks!

Now I've got several other features to work on, as well as several bugs to fix. Hopefully the next release will be even better.

Thanks again.

@Molpet
I thought I'd let you know that I figured out why your hatch dates were not sorting right. Here's what is happening.

HatchKeeper stores dates in the database in reverse format (year/month/day) this way it gets sorted from left to right.

Let's say we had 3 dates:
06/04/18
06/12/18
07/14/18

It got stored in the database like this:
2018/7/14
2018/6/4
2018/6/12

And since this is sorted left to right, character by character, 4 (middle date) registers as bigger than 1 (12 or 14) and hence is sorted wrong. The fix was to add a zero in front of numbers smaller than 10. Like this:
2018/07/14
2018/06/12
2018/06/04
Zero registers as smaller than one and bingo, problem solved:) I hope this makes sense ;)

This will obviously be fixed in the next release, along with a completely rewritten notifications system and some other goodies. :caf

Thanks for reporting that bug, I don't know if I would have found it. It was interesting specimen to say the least.:lau

@Molpet
I thought I'd let you know that I figured out why your hatch dates were not sorting right. Here's what is happening.

HatchKeeper stores dates in the database in reverse format (year/month/day) this way it gets sorted from left to right.

Let's say we had 3 dates:
06/04/18
06/12/18
07/14/18

It got stored in the database like this:
2018/7/14
2018/6/4
2018/6/12

And since this is sorted left to right, character by character, 4 (middle date) registers as bigger than 1 (12 or 14) and hence is sorted wrong. The fix was to add a zero in front of numbers smaller than 10. Like this:
2018/07/14
2018/06/12
2018/06/04
Zero registers as smaller than one and bingo, problem solved:) I hope this makes sense ;)

This will obviously be fixed in the next release, along with a completely rewritten notifications system and some other goodies. :caf

Thanks for reporting that bug, I don't know if I would have found it. It was interesting specimen to say the least.:lau
Thanks
yes it makes sense:thumbsup

Glad I gave you an interesting problem:lau

Hello everybody.

I just released a development version of HatchKeeper. The reason for the release is to get some testing and feedback on some new features.

Some new features include Groups:
HatchKeeper_Groups.png

This allows you to export, import, report, average, delete, etc larger numbers of batches quickly and easily.

After trying to compare several batches with the co-founder of HatchKeeper, we found out it was really hard to do. So we designed Graphs:
HatchKeeper_Graphs.png

The Screenshot explains it pretty well.

Another change is notifications. In previous versions a seperate app scanned and displayed notifications. Now HatchKeeper runs in the background and shows notifications that open HatchKeeper when clicked. Just a note: Under Mac The HatchKeeper Icon will always show in the dock when it is running.

There are several other changes but those are the main ones.

As always please download and read the manual for more information.

Download the new release at the home site http://hatchkeeper.x10host.com/Home/ or on SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/hatchkeeper/files/HatchKeeper/0.75.0/

Let me know if you have any problems or ideas on improvement.

Thanks.

mill-j

Back
Top Bottom