FREE HERITAGE BREED HENS: Schomberg, ONTARIO

Debutante

Songster
9 Years
Feb 24, 2011
For the past several months we’ve been battling an episode of feather-picking and, after MANY attempts to correct the problem, we’ve determined it's a result of overcrowding.
Consequently, we’ve reluctantly decided to rehome five of our poor, picked-on hens.
1f622.png

If anyone is interested in taking these pitiful creatures (for free) I would love to see them live out their lives in a peaceful, safe and knowledgeable home. They are all Heritage breeds, 14 months old, excellent laying hens, in perfect health (except for some UGLY bald patches on certain birds' back ends) and they’re calm and friendly. I have NO idea if these feathers will regrow once they moult in late-summer/early fall.
I am located in *Schomberg, Ontario, Canada*, which is about 45 min. northwest of Toronto; (west of Newmarket; east of Orangeville) and will be happy to deliver the birds locally.
The available girls are: 2 Black Australorp; 1 Buff Orpington; 1 Dominique; and 1 Welsummer. The attached photos show the girls when they were in fine feather, before the feather-picking began.

Attachments

• _DSC6098.jpg
    _DSC6098.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 12
  • _DSC6008.jpg
    _DSC6008.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 12
  • _DSC6741.jpg
    _DSC6741.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 13
  • _DSC6268.jpg
    _DSC6268.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi, yes we are, we are just starting with chickens, but my close neighbour has 15 birds and I've helped him lots with them during a recent surgery. We are just north of Kingston, ON. Your selection of chickens looks like a perfect fit for what we're looking for.

Hi, yes we are, we are just starting with chickens, but my close neighbour has 15 birds and I've helped him lots with them during a recent surgery. We are just north of Kingston, ON. Your selection of chickens looks like a perfect fit for what we're looking for.

It does sound like a perfect fit. I wish you were closer as Kingston is about 4 hours from here. We'd be happy to meet you half-way though if you're still interested. Also, I've decided to rehome an 'extra' Welsummer too. She is perfect but I'm just trying to get my flock of 18 down to a smaller size. :)

I would happily meet you half way. 6 chickens is about how many I’m looking to have to start.

Terrific, thank you! My email is [email protected] Send me an email and we can arrange a date, place and time, and coordinate the chicken transfer. I am so glad that you'll end up with some chickens and my girls will end up in a nice home! :D

Back
Top Bottom