No, I haven't tried to grow much of anything over here with this heat that we get. When I lived over near the gulf coast I grew yellow crook necked squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and a couple row's of the cowhorn okra. I also raised some rabbit's out there, so when I cleaned out under the cages, that went as fertilizer for the garden. There was a pear tree in the yard, and wild onions grew in a section of the yard near that.

We had a huge garden when we lived in north FL. One thing we quickly learned though, was the heat sure can take a toll on growing stuff.

I'm glad that the weekend is done. It was spent doing all the chicken stuff. On Saturday 3 hen's left, and 4 chick's arrived. Then Sunday Roger was picked up for a new flock along with 3 of his cockerel son's that are soon to be enrolling in freezer camp. I just finished cleaning out the huge wire dog crate that I had the cockerels in to hold them for her to pick up, so that it can be returned to my neighbor. Now I need to figure out what to name the cockerel that I kept.

2E3763D4-5E22-4AF0-8B8D-0E597711E19D.jpeg

I think I have a Gloria Allred in the group. The new girl with the rose comb is a serious man hater. She is constantly after the roo and has even tangled with Cuckoo when she went after the AC guy. Cuckoo kicked her butt and I laughed. Gloria tries to chase the roo off food and the whole bit. I told her that her types end up in my stew pot so she better knock it off. Everyone else seems to be calming down. Blue, Joan, Cuckoo and the kids all go in the big coop and the roo follows last. The new girls go in the mini coop. I’m still working on the roosting of Cuckoo and the kids though. The kids are wild. The pullet will come near but the cockerel won’t.

I think I have a Gloria Allred in the group. The new girl with the rose comb is a serious man hater. She is constantly after the roo and has even tangled with Cuckoo when she went after the AC guy. Cuckoo kicked her butt and I laughed. Gloria tries to chase the roo off food and the whole bit. I told her that her types end up in my stew pot so she better knock it off. Everyone else seems to be calming down. Blue, Joan, Cuckoo and the kids all go in the big coop and the roo follows last. The new girls go in the mini coop. I’m still working on the roosting of Cuckoo and the kids though. The kids are wild. The pullet will come near but the cockerel won’t.
That must be why roosters say "cook'eminastew! :gig

Yep, can't have a trouble maker in the flock for sure because the rest could be stressed from it... male or female.

Back
Top Bottom