This morning I found out it's the smaller of the fully feathered cockerels who had words yesterday that has been crowing. That was a surprise. There was headless dead pigeon under the bin in the coop yard. Haven't had a headless bird before so I'm curious what did it. The rest of the bird was left. I also found a pullet egg on the poop board this morning. I'm scratching my head over that because as I recall the Dorking girl wasn't roosting in that area last night. The shell is broken so it's a mess. I'm going to take a snap of the roosting arrangements tonight in case I get another.
20200124_103143.jpg

Yes, broccoli added to that cheese and bacon along with the sour cream would have made it even better, but I didn't have any broccoli on hand. My chicken's and my dog Buster like broccoli too!

I never thought about dogs liking broccoli! One of my cats, Opie, loves tomato anything, refried beans and cookies. Not all together of course, he's much more discriminating than that! :gig

This morning I found out it's the smaller of the fully feathered cockerels who had words yesterday that has been crowing. That was a surprise. There was headless dead pigeon under the bin in the coop yard. Haven't had a headless bird before so I'm curious what did it. The rest of the bird was left. I also found a pullet egg on the poop board this morning. I'm scratching my head over that because as I recall the Dorking girl wasn't roosting in that area last night. The shell is broken so it's a mess. I'm going to take a snap of the roosting arrangements tonight in case I get another.
View attachment 2009964

Do you think the chickens got the pigeon IM?

That is one messy looking egg!

I never thought about dogs liking broccoli! One of my cats, Opie, loves tomato anything, refried beans and cookies. Not all together of course, he's much more discriminating than that! :gig
:gig We had a cat that loved sour cream n onion potato chips. He'd steal it right out of my hand as it was headed for my mouth.

It sure is quieter in the coop and run today with those 3 extra cockerel's gone. They hadn't started crowing yet, but it seemed that they were trying to dominate pecking order with the younger girl's. The 3 Barnevelder girl's weren't putting up with any bs from them and would flare their hackles up too at the boy's.

Back
Top Bottom