We had a close call today. We were headed out for the evening walk when Igor heard a commotion in the yard. He looked out the window and saw a red streak go zipping by followed closely by a brown blur. Layla went out to the yard and the bobtailed girl had managed to get over the fence. Thankfully the bird is fine, just missing a handful of feathers but no bare spots or injuries. I'm not sure the dog would know what to do with a chicken if she caught it for real. I couldn't catch the bird afterward but did check her over at roost time. The whole flock was up in arms afterward and stayed under cover as far from the fence as they could get without going into the coop.

20200220_051212.jpg

Frankie is 2 today.

@igorsMistress I'm glad that the hen is ok. Did you bake Frankie a special doggy cake? Happy Birthday, Frankie!
No cake, but he adores peanut butter so he got some treats smeared with it today. That's his favorite.

The hen is still fine this morning. She came off the roost and ate as usual. No limping or anything. Phew!

No cake, but he adores peanut butter so he got some treats smeared with it today. That's his favorite.

The hen is still fine this morning. She came off the roost and ate as usual. No limping or anything. Phew!

Buster's birthday is on Monday, so he will get spoiled... well, spoiled more than usual anyways! My hatch is due 7 day's from now.

Back
Top Bottom