GAH! The post office lost my expensive silkies!

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
I had six, 2 month old silkies due in the mail today.

Well I called the post office cause they were running late, and they said they didn't come in on the last truck of today!
barnie.gif

Well they used the tracking number and tried to find them, but apparently there is no trace of them after they left flordia! Stupid post people.
somad.gif

They said they would refund my shipping since I paid $50 to get them here overnight.

But if any were dead then all they could give me was an apology! I paid $20 a piece for my little darlings! And it's not even the money issue that bothers me! Although I did spend all my current cash on them. These are my first silkies, and I was so excited to get them. Now I fear they won't all make the trip!

I am just so upset. I'm worried for my little babies. They have no clue when they will get to me. And they have no clue where they are, EVEN THOUGH I got a tracking number.

rant.gif
Grr.

Has anyone else had this happen? How did it turn out?

Many years ago, a neighbor's dog killed my roo. The only similar replacement I coud find was in New Hampshire so he was shipped to me (at the neighbor's expense). My post office receives no overnight mail, so he was being shipped to the Boystown post office. Yes, Boystown as in the home for kids. They are very nice there and very helpful. The panic started when he didn't arrive with the overnights. I called the postal people at the airport where the trucks are loaded. They basically said that they wouldn't look for him. I was livid. The people at the Boystown post office were terribly upset and worried too. Later that day I got a call. It seems that the roo was put on the wrong truck and went to a post office in North Omaha. Then he was further mishandled because the mail sorters put him with the deliveries for one of the mail carriers and he was loaded into the back of the guys little postal jeep (or whatever you call those funny little vehicles). The mailman heard crowing coming from the back and realized he had a passenger. The man very kindly put the roo's box up front with him. During his lunch hour he drove him to the Boystown post office. Bad postal people at the airport. Bad sorters. Good mail carrier. Good employees at Boystown PO.

I have no clue about this, but can she get a refund on her $50 since she paid for a service they obviously didn't provide???
hu.gif

Sure hope they find them quick KinderKorner!
fl.gif
and
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom