Gender of a mixed bunch of chicks

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
So i have two batches of chicks that i have together so the first 2 chicks won’t be so lonely as i had lost 2 of their siblings. The older ones are 6 weeks and the younger ones are a bit over 4 weeks old. The bully chick which i thought was a roo might actually be a hen. I also have an unknown chick which i got from a mystery bonus egg from the seller. Here they are:
6 month old brahma: (very slow feathering)
292C7116-FD02-403F-9E22-5EE342043DA8.jpeg
FFB5EB71-743C-4EE0-A00C-E712ACD70F95.jpeg
6 week old mystery chick: (guessing serama or maybe another bantam?) (bottom of the pecking order and just recovered from cocci)
3DBC2DA6-9189-4F1B-A73D-911CF9F0F150.jpeg
AC05507A-7061-45DA-994C-90DFF910BF14.jpeg

4+ week old golden campine: (the bully)
34A8C30E-EB34-4395-B306-5C5CDBD99F19.jpeg

4+ week old campine:
E89BB283-6D36-4869-B043-6F61D5ECD799.jpeg

4+ week old sexlink:
EAD5CE27-F082-47F4-A7BB-C45238A45BCC.jpeg

The first and fourth are suspicious.
The white pullet is an Old English Game Bantam
Ah, thats why when the white pullet was a chick she looked like some pics of old english bantam chicks i saw. I agree with the first and fourth being suspicious. I know brahmas take a long time to sex though so hoping i only got one roo. Weirdly those two are on the bottom of the pecking order, the brahma even submitting to the white chick. Fingers crossed the brahma is a hen or i will need to give up one of them :fl.

an update on the chicks:
i found out both of the campines are roos as they had started crowing and they constantly spar with eachother and do staring contests. the other chicks keep to themselves exept for the brahma who will angryly chase some of the chicks if they startle her/him (the brahma gets startled easily). Think because of the size that chick will let the other chicks burry themselves in its feathers when sleeping.

As for the comb size the brown campine has now caught up with the comb and both the campines have red combs. They are getting quite roudy as i let them out each day but will sill listen when i tell them to go back (accidently taught them to step onto my hand and to jump back into the brooder not sure how) The brahma on the other hand is still mostly fluff on its back and still not much of a difference in the comb from the pic, hopefully it stays that way.

an update on the chicks:
i found out both of the campines are roos as they had started crowing and they constantly spar with eachother and do staring contests. the other chicks keep to themselves exept for the brahma who will angryly chase some of the chicks if they startle her/him (the brahma gets startled easily). Think because of the size that chick will let the other chicks burry themselves in its feathers when sleeping.

As for the comb size the brown campine has now caught up with the comb and both the campines have red combs. They are getting quite roudy as i let them out each day but will sill listen when i tell them to go back (accidently taught them to step onto my hand and to jump back into the brooder not sure how) The brahma on the other hand is still mostly fluff on its back and still not much of a difference in the comb from the pic, hopefully it stays that way.
Pics?

Back
Top Bottom