Golden Phoenix ?

Very familiar. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
smile.png

I dont have any Golden pheonix, but I do have a Silver pheonix roo. They arent bantams But They are a a bit of a smaller bird, maturing males at about 5-6 lbs, and females abut 4-5 lbs. They are on the rare side, as you dont see too many of them, i think the Goldens are rarer.

They actually come in both a standard size and a bantam ( bantams are only found through a few special breeders) .Yes they are classified actually under the Study group as there really is no difinative lineage to classify them under by the NPIP. Some hatcheries classify them as Rare. You will find them to be a slower maturing, slightish style bird ( as critter said) with a lean pheasant type structure. The males are wonderfully pleasant once adults. Try not to handle the boys too much as babies as they can get aggressive in an "I Love you way"
wink.png
My Phoenix hens were the only breed here at the ranch that didn't bother to take the whole winter off from laying. They tend to lay for a couple months and skip a week then resume laying again IMO. Good luck with your new flock:)

Last edited:
I have a trio of Phoenix and I really love them. My rooster is a little stand-offish, but I've never had a problem with aggression. He does crow a lot more then everyone else, but that just may be him. I LOVE my 2 hens. They are quiet, friendly, and great layers. The first to greet me when I go out to the back yard. I get a lot of comments on my roo, even though he has a ratty tail, people really like them. Here's a pic, he's only a year, so I imagine his tail will come in thicker. I can never get a pic of him with two feet on the ground...
100_2263small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom