Good Grief

Quote:
have ya ever tried to capture a wild turkey? bet ya cant do it
wink.png

i can. all i have to do is go out in the backyard and wait for them to swoop in!
i was attacked by a tom and hen last spring. i didn't know a hen could scream like that.

Quote:
we use to chase them down my railroad track on the track car,,, the toms would run for a bit, stop, gobble at us,,, the first hen we got close too made a scream like the devil dogs of hell were just released,, we stopped and did some maintenance on the track just to try not to be so scared hahah
lol.png

i am like a special attractant for any crazy wild bird.

i wish there was a video of me and those nutty birds. i chased them, they chased me. it was like the three stooges, only more insane.

i reached out and just missed grabbing the hen out of the air. she would have been sorry if she wasn't faster than me. i loves me a turkey dinner.

i'm all for dispatching animals humanely, but these two pushed their limits when they came after me. i was in the middle of the yard, not in their nesting area. they just went INSANE.

Well, habitat loss owing to development and other more silly human habits account for a lot of this. Though I disagree with the removal method, I can understand it (resources to be allocated being what they are).

We have lots of these guys throughout the year (some years greater population density than others). They make their rounds, visit with our turks, and continue on their way (were roosting out back, again, yesterday evening - make quite the racket in the trees). Sometimes individual toms or hens will attempt to subvert our turks into lighting out for the territories.

Here's a flock (20+) just out back of `our' turkey run...
Eturksiege2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom