Good vibes in Colorado: Now the Bungie & Uno story

JJ...QUACKING???

I was convinced JJ was a drake, but the darn thing is QUACKING! It has been imitating Lana & Chrissy, but it's voice has a honking quality to it and does tend to be a bit on the raspy side. Not DRAKE raspy, but it sounds just like CHRISSY!!!

Combine that with the yellowish tint the legs are turning, I think JJ is NOT Janet's baby, but Chrissy's baby! It would also explain how skinny JJ is looking too. Very narrow head and slender neck. SHe hasn't filled out much in her body over the last week either. It would also explain why, despite daily handling, she is still as spazz when you pick her up.

That means I have a girl
wee.gif
and it will be one heck of an egg layer. It is hard to be disappointed that it isn't Janet's baby, because Chrissy has really grown on me since we got her in December. She is kind of the odd duck out since Jack & Lana are so in love, and Jack does pick on her sometimes, but she is smarter than the other two....and SNEAKIER!

Hubby has caught her creeping in the back patio door trying to get to the cat food
tongue.png

Now, as for Bungie, I think I have to wait a week or two to know.

aww. don't you love how they all have their own personalities? i'm hoping my babies are just like their mom, shes such a sweetie. i got to hold her yesterday and she was pretty much fine with it. she has always been the calm one. i hope bungie is a girl!! keep us updated!

LOLOL
I would call her CJ, but that's is what my son goes by (Calvin J.).
I don't think he wants to share his nickname with a duck!
gig.gif

i'm hoping my babies are just like their mom

Well, in Chrissy's case, that is a good thing...in LANA's case...
1002557.jpg

This is Uno, the buff/khaki cross (Lana's baby). I have 5 other ducks and this is the ONLY one that has ever bitten me. Lana charges me to try to show she is the boss. She is loud, bossy and obnoxious. It looks like Uno has mom's attitude
tongue.png

Last edited:
I would call her CJ, but that's is what my son goes by (Calvin J.).
I don't think he wants to share his nickname with a duck!

OH!
big_smile.png
How funny!
This is Uno, the buff/khaki cross (Lana's baby). I have 5 other ducks and this is the ONLY one that has ever bitten me.

I have a male that is biting me, what a pain!
rant.gif

I'm thinking if I can't find him anyplace else I will look up the sheep herding camp and donate him.
roll.png

Merry Christmas Colorado!!!!

Just kidding, but it does look alot like it outside with more coming down!!! AARRRGGHH!

This weather is putting a huge damper on my daughters softball tournaments every weekend
barnie.gif

Anyways, Dances with Ducks, I have a male Pekin that constantly follows/chases me around the yard. Even jumps the two steps up to the porch or if I run from him he takes flight and catches up to me
smack.gif
Always nippin at my feet or pants. I'm trying to find another adult female or two to see if that chills him out.

Zilla did we for sure decide that JJ is a girl? How cool did that work out for ya eh?
wee.gif

haha my top drake trys to be the boss and hiss at me and runs with his neck craned ready to bite. i look at him, like don't you dare, and he goes the other way as fast as he can! he's a good potential daddy i think. he's protective of the eggs and loves his little girl slushie. he's a good boy.

edited because i can't spell and have horrible grammar sometimes.

Last edited:
Looks like JJ is a girl, but she is a sick girl right now. Some kind of respiratory problem. Could be a fungal infection with the crappy wet weather we have had.

barnie.gif

I just cleaned their bedding, sanitized the pen and the their food dishes, threw out what was in their dishes and gave them fresh supplies.

I put vitamins in the water and gave JJ a dose of liquid vitamin D.

She is young and healthy so hopefully she will recover. If the weather clears and the sun comes out, it will improve her chances a lot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom