Goodbye :(

Honey, don't feel you have to quit BYC. Sounds like you'd be missed (and I love your dog shows and chicken shows)! People can be blunt and you wouldn't be the first one to feel put down by others opinions. I'm 36 and it's happened to me plenty! You just have to remember that what is right for one person won't necessarily be right for another. Every circumstance is different and people forget that sometimes. And it's made me better in how I reply to people's posts when I'm trying to help them because I know how it feels when people are too blunt and critical. And if someone is being outwardly mean to you, you can report their post for the moderators to inspect.

when people are too blunt and critical.
Also, bear in mind that 1) people type replies online quickly, they don't umm and ahhh over what words to use 2) you don't get tone when you read what somebody has written. Somebody can be writing away thinking they are being funny, and somebody reads something very unfunny to them and 3) not everybody is skilled at expressing themselves clearly and 4) there are people from all over on here, and sometimes there are cultural differences in what people say and how they say it. Australians or the British might say things in what seems to be a blunt/rude way compared to Americans, but it's often just a cultural difference.

Again, even if somebody is being horrible, it's not somebody you know or have to care about. Just ignore it and move on to more chook videos to take your mind off it.

You don't know I did not even actually read the rules I don't know how I put threads under the wrong topic I got breeds mixed up I could go on and on :hit
It's OK. I've never read the rules either. I've posted in the wrong areas I'm sure. And I'm not that good at recognizing chicken breeds either. It takes time to learn all this stuff. And the new set up of the app is not helping any. Hang in there. Stick around. Give yourself time to learn don't be so hard on yourself.

Thank you I didn't even know you saw my shows!
Honey, don't feel you have to quit BYC. Sounds like you'd be missed (and I love your dog shows and chicken shows)! People can be blunt and you wouldn't be the first one to feel put down by others opinions. I'm 36 and it's happened to me plenty! You just have to remember that what is right for one person won't necessarily be right for another. Every circumstance is different and people forget that sometimes. And it's made me better in how I reply to people's posts when I'm trying to help them because I know how it feels when people are too blunt and critical. And if someone is being outwardly mean to you, you can report their post for the moderators to inspect.

Back
Top Bottom