Google Sketchup Coop Design

First thank you for posting the picture for us. We will post more when the restriction is lifted. Are we lacking coop space or run space? And how much more space do you think we need?

Thanks again for the advice,
D.

First of all, I need to know what part of the country you live in. 2 sq feet in the coop might be ok in the south where they very seldom stay in the coop for very long. In the colder climates if they stay in the coop for extended periods, might need twice that. I live in southeast Arkansas, and mine sleep in the coop and very little else. I have seen a lot of numbers for recommendations for pen space, some say 10sq feet per bird, but when you get 10 big chickens in a 10x10 pen, it doesn't look very big.

Well we live in Kansas and it doesn't generally get down to 0 too often and for not very long, average winter temp is about 20-40. Not entirely sure how much time they will be spending in the coop (our first flock). We will make adjustments to the design to allow the big girls more room.

Thanks for all the much needed advice:thumbsup, i'm sure we will be back and asking more questions.
caf.gif

D.

Cant wait for the chickies to arrive
celebrate.gif
! Will post pics
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom