Goose Blinded After Being Hit w/ Baseball Bat- news in my state!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and the bat is to punish, not defend myself against an animal. Big difference, but you knew that already.

I can't say if your actions with the dog and the rooster were excessive. You may have osteoporosis or some other physical problems that put you in more danger than the average person. Now, you may say, "well how do you know that man didn't have some sort of problem, etc. that made him have to seriously injure the goose?" The answer is I don't, but until I am presented with some evidence of that, I am comfortable assuming that a working man like him is "average" in his abilities to withstand a goose attack. I suggest that the average person doesn't have to hit a goose with a bat to avoid being bitten.

I know plenty about geese and poultry, so I am speaking from experience. I get attacked by geese all the time lately. lol

This is my last post about this. I didn't get on you about the things you did so you should probably allow me my opinion. You should read the article, and this whole thread. It is a fact that he left and returned to injure this bird.

If he was able to go and retrieve a bat, which the video shows, he could have chosen to walk away from the situation. He chose otherwise. I don't think what the goose was capable of doing needed such a harsh response.

Had the goose had a gun...

Quote:
Yes, there is a difference between punishment and defense. Can you show me where his intent was to punish and not to defend.

I can't say if your actions with the dog and the rooster were excessive. You may have osteoporosis or some other physical problems that put you in more danger than the average person.

I'm a perfectly healthy individual capable of slinging a 50lb bag of feed over my shoulder then picking up my 30lb youngster and walking out to the coop. I was trained by the US military.

It is a fact that he left and returned to injure this bird.

No, actually, it isn't, and I already demonstrated that.

He may have left to get the bat with the intent of using it to defend himself because he had to pass through the area where the bird was. Did you see that video? Could easily be he pushed the bird away with the bat four or five times before cracking it in the head. How many times in the video did the person throw the bird away from him? Did you see at the end how far it chased them when they fled the scene?

I read the article. And the whole thread. Nowhere in the article did I see it say his intent was to punish the goose, that he set out to blind it, or anything like that. If you did see such, can you provide the exact quote for me?​

Quote:
And a lot of times, yelling at the dog will get it to leave your property. Please visit the predators and pests forum for a variety of stories and graphic pictures of what happens when it doesn't work. Did you see the video I posted?

Quote:
Well, I DO NOT have pet geese. In fact, I'm not a fan of geese. However, what this guy did was cowardly and disgusting. You and I both know he wasn't "defending" himself.

Quote:
Yes, there is a difference between punishment and defense. Can you show me where his intent was to punish and not to defend.

I can't say if your actions with the dog and the rooster were excessive. You may have osteoporosis or some other physical problems that put you in more danger than the average person.

I'm a perfectly healthy individual capable of slinging a 50lb bag of feed over my shoulder then picking up my 30lb youngster and walking out to the coop. I was trained by the US military.

It is a fact that he left and returned to injure this bird.

No, actually, it isn't, and I already demonstrated that.

He may have left to get the bat with the intent of using it to defend himself because he had to pass through the area where the bird was. Did you see that video? Could easily be he pushed the bird away with the bat four or five times before cracking it in the head. How many times in the video did the person throw the bird away from him? Did you see at the end how far it chased them when they fled the scene?

I read the article. And the whole thread. Nowhere in the article did I see it say his intent was to punish the goose, that he set out to blind it, or anything like that. If you did see such, can you provide the exact quote for me?​

He was shown on video getting the bat. At that time he was safe from the goose and could have called animal control to get the goose. Instead he went out there to where the goose was with a weapon. Those are not the actions of an innocent "victim".​

Quote:
So, if I'd have hit a goose with the bat when trying to get to my car in the example I cited earlier, you'd be condemning me in this same fashion? And you'll be in the P&P forum, condemning all the folks who trap and kill animals on their property instead of calling animal control too, right?

Quote:
And a lot of times, yelling at the dog will get it to leave your property. Please visit the predators and pests forum for a variety of stories and graphic pictures of what happens when it doesn't work. Did you see the video I posted?

No, I did not see the video and I'm not trying to start any argument with you about this. I was just stating something I had observed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom