Goose Egg Incubation

Yes!!!!! I'm glad someone thinks that I'm not crazy for trying my best to schedule things around turning eggs!
1f602.png
1f602.png
. They are getting very close, and the air sac is beginning to slant a little. I was able to obtain 3 Canada goose eggs and was told that they may hatch anywhere from 24-30 days. We're on day 21, and their bodies are getting really close to the air cell. I'm so impatient and somewhat worried, but there's nothing I can do but my best.

I really don't know the incubation time, so do y'all know the actual incubation period for Canada geese?

Thanks for all of the help!!!! Looking forward to having 2 baby geese next week!

All five of mine are alive. Two were breech and I hatched them out. They were peeping inside the egg, so I just started chipping away. It was probably wrong, but they survived. They spent 24 partially inside the egg still absorbing the yolk. I went against all things natural, but they all survived!!

There was so much blood that I thought they never had a chance, but they'd have not had a chance breech according to what I read.

All five of mine are alive. Two were breech and I hatched them out. They were peeping inside the egg, so I just started chipping away. It was probably wrong, but they survived. They spent 24 partially inside the egg still absorbing the yolk. I went against all things natural, but they all survived!!

There was so much blood that I thought they never had a chance, but they'd have not had a chance breech according to what I read.

Congrats on the babies! I'm so glad you were able to help them.

I help all the time. Don't consider it unnatural. Incubating itself is unnatural and they end up needing our help because of the unnatural conditions they are incubated in. They probably would have been just fine if they were brooded naturally and wouldn't have been breach, so the trouble they had was entirely caused by the way they were brought into the world. It doesn't mean they are unhealthy or shouldn't have hatched.

For the future, when you see blood, you need to stop. If they're breach and haven't pipped, you can find their beaks, make a hole so they can breathe, and then wait to go any further until there is no more blood and it has all been absorbed. As long as they can breathe, they will live.

I have good news as well y'all!!!! I just candled my goose eggs and saw that the back of one of the geese is entering the air cell as it prepares the rest of its body to enter. So exited to see that after so many days, there is still a chance that one will hatch!!!! Here is a pic:

I have good news as well y'all!!!! I just candled my goose eggs and saw that the back of one of the geese is entering the air cell as it prepares the rest of its body to enter. So exited to see that after so many days, there is still a chance that one will hatch!!!! Here is a pic:

That doesn't look quite like an internal pip, but it does look like the gosling is pushing up against the membrane, so it might be getting ready to. What day of incubation are you on? The air cell looks kind of small too, which might be a problem.

It also doesn't look like it's in draw down yet, which usually happens right before the internal pip.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a huge downer. I do hope that it is preparing to hatch for you.

That's how I meant to word that. He has not internally pipped yet, but is preparing to. My turkeys are hatching nicely right now though!
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom