Got my federal tax refund today!!!

Quote:
This is exactly correct. The "refund" you are getting is the government giving you back money that you overpaid in taxes. While the government had your money, they made it work for them, your money did not work for you. Look at it as an interest free loan to the government. You can change your deductions by getting a Form W-4. The ideal situation would be for taxpayers to pay only a small portion to the .gov at tax time, meaning your money stayed in your hands.

But of course the .gov doesn't want you to hold onto too much of your money, so if you withhold too much and have to pay over a certain amount come tax time, they will penalize you for that.

So basically it is a lose lose situation, but balancing it so you pay out a little bit at tax time is the situation in which you lose the least.

That said, I'm looking forward to getting my return this year. I'll try and save it, but I'll be awful tempted not to get some goodies with it
lol.png

d.k :

*MBL???? They have Minature COWS now???? When did that happen?? (scratches head) :eek:

lol I don't know when i happened but I've heard about them and am researching them to find some breeders. We are wanting to start with three or four but they are pretty steep in price that i've found so far. There's a couple threads around here recently that were talking about them. When I say mini though they are still 500-600 lbs I think and at least 40" or so. But I don't know much about them and am still reading and researching.​

I saw a green metal roof on a white farm house, it looks real nice, I like the red too.

We are using our refund to pay property taxes too. and with the little left over the kids get some in thier college savings acct. and my dh puts some in an IRA, and we will splurge on a couple of dinners out.

Last edited:
Quote:
Not funbucks here. I'm paying off a couple of bills which will create a little extra funbucks a month in the future. Some of it I'm investing in my business.

Last edited:
we got ours back in febuary wpent it on the usual stuff, bills extra heating fuel, the boring stuff. Hubby got his little standard ranger he has been hounding me about since we had the baby that is now 5 on Monday lol. The only really extra thing we got with it was polytape horse fence.

Back
Top Bottom