Gramcracker's coop.

Pics
I tried to remove the piece of plywood i put 4 nails in and noticed it need to go up 1/4 inch. Man, i was beating the tar out of it and it barely budged! The wood splintered around 2 of the nails! Those are really strong nails!

.Sometimes I can't even get the screws back out. LOL

About 3 more hours and still have much to do. Wish I didn't need these breaks now and then. Mostly for asthma drugs as it is so humid, the mold count and ragweed are all high. I have the mesh partway installed, I need to do a bit more wire cutting and then add the screws, they are being held in place with some roofing nails. Then it's on to latches and hinges and anchoring in some trim where there are small openings. I think I have it all cut and primed. Hope the predicted storms keep going north of me.

OyVey Arrrrghhh!!! BTDT...are you on city sewer or septic?

City, Tree roots invade my main drain one of these days I will have to spend the big bucks and have a new line put in, the old clay drain isn't in the best shape. Call Barry (plumber) tomorrow and see when he can come. I can lock kitty in a dog crate for a bit so chicks are safe. It is only backing up when I do laundry so can manage a day or 2. Just a pain and $$. Luckily it mostly backs up into my basement shower so rather contained. Just have to go clean it out, not pleasant.

Gave up on the coop @ 6:15 for the day, have some things I need to do before going back to work tomorrow and some dinner. Also just tired. The chicks aren't moving in today, maybe I will be able to work on it after work the next day or so and get them moved. The rain and the drain made a late start for the day. Here is a photo of the rafter solution which was time consuming. I will have to anchor it to the roof when I get that section screwed down. 1 4x8 sheet is IMG_0530.JPG up but I need the 2 foot section up to finish the rafters.

I have to clean my neglected house and catch up my jungle that used to be my yard. LOL..
I know what you mean. My garden is mostly chewed to nubs by a ground hog or some other varmint. I am going to replant a lot of things. Hopefully the hotwire will keep it out so things have a chance to grow.

I know what you mean. My garden is mostly chewed to nubs by a ground hog or some other varmint. I am going to replant a lot of things. Hopefully the hotwire will keep it out so things have a chance to grow.

We have had so much rain the weeds are growing lke crazy and also small tree volunteers. Some taller than me. It needs attention.

Back
Top Bottom