grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peastix

peastix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2015
    Auckland New Zealand
    Made it! Sounds like your week has been mixed Granny.Glad it ended on a good note.Restores your faith in people when something nice happens doesn't it ? I obviously only took a cursory look at your avatar Granny. Thought that was a dog lying down with it's ''ball''.[​IMG] Almost 10pm here I'm off to bed.Might have a 9yr ''sickly'' GD to babysit tomorrow like today Hugs Granny. Night.

2. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i ate the first one i got..it was very good..i never heard that or i would have tossed it too..

3. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    X2, couldn't have said it better myself lol.

4. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    hope you are feeling better..lots of catching up lol

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    morning ! well its almost 11 but i didnt go to sleep til 2 am. kids were over to watch fear the walking dead. they dont have cable so i guess the season has restarted. I dont watch it. I sure dont like shows like that. turns my stomach.
    I am still not knowing what to cook here. tons of choices . hahaa probably sandwich.
    glad your feeling better peastix.

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Lol. The original Night of the Living Dead was filmed in a cemetery here. I don't watch TV at all. No cable no satellite no nothing. Haven't had it for over 10 years. I watch Dvds that we have. I don't miss it and don't want it back. I did think it was gonna kill me the first month though. Lol

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    shoot ! I just checked, its day 10 on the eggs already. little past time for a proper candle . I shined a flash light over some of them on day 6 but didnt remove any or really take a good look. I havent put a drop of water in there either. Humidity gauge in my room has been reading 30-40 so I decided to not mess with water til lock down. Tell me again why I am hatching / trying to hatch more chicks ?

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I never turn this tv on. I like the quiet much better. Much rather talk to a real person.

I have family but i hardly talk to them . on face book we will "like" each others posts or share a post once in a while but i dont feel like i have family anymore. Thats a shame. Its not from lack of trying.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Here is what i have found out about eating first eggs. Chicks are "supposed" to be on medicated chick starter until they lay that first egg. so of course you wouldnt want to eat eggs from a chicken with that in their system . Although the sulfur in the meds. wouldnt hurt you. I have never bought a bag of medicated feed so no worries for me. [​IMG]

Second reason is, old wives tale. For luck, you are supposed to throw your first egg OVER your house. This may be why I dont have good luck. although I am single story I am very sure if i tried this I would either have a roof full of crows(bad luck) or I would dislocate my shoulder.(more bad luck).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

As long as it looks normal, in the frying pan it goes. I have had some weird eggs over the years. A lot of first eggs are pretty small, a lot of these won't have a yolk.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by