grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    :lau too funny, had myself in that same situation last fall when 2 Light Sussex roosters tried to mate the same delicate hen. They hurt her so bad I had to put her down. Needless to say they both ended up hanging from their feet on my old apple tree. My first attempt at butchering a rooster didn't go so good. Knife was too dull to cut the head off. Called to daughter to run get me a sharper knife stat. Things went fine after that. I was so mad I waved the knife around yelling at the rest of my roos, "anymore of you @ssholes want to hurt my girls?" The rest declined :lau

1 person likes this.
  2. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Oh my god back to school insanity at work.

Back I go...

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    roosters in the freezer, my shower is done and now I am done for the day. I went out to lock up and was sitting there wondering who is next. Probably my rooster from my last hatch of LF . he is half phoenix half crested cream legbar. Wish i could do pictures. he is on the smaller side has the crest and colors of daddy and the tail of a phoenix. He is just discovering he is a rooster. and pushy.

4. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    I can see it now..that lil roo strutting around..."I'm sexy and I know it!"

No new eggs today. May see about buying a flake of hay off a neighbor for nesting boxes.

5. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    good for you granny..does this mean you are feeling a little better? i hope so..how is the hatching coming along.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    morning, I dont really know. I hope i am feeling better and not just a one time thing. My foot really hurt last night. I was proud of myself for actually doing some thing.

1 person likes this.
  7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I dont know about the eggs because I havent checked. I was going to candle and toss the bad ones last night and I fell asleep in my easy chair. Son woke me up . scared the crap out of me and i stumbled off to bed.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    do you have plans for the day ?

9. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i'm proud of you for using your hatchet..i couldn't do that..i'm a wuss...

10. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i have no plans for the day ..i just take it as it comes..i don't go too much unless i need groceries..i was buying for a month untill power went off that time and i lost everything frozen..so i now go ever two weeks..i hate the crowds at walmart..but here we dont have a lot of choices..i wish we had a kroger..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by