grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    both very handsome

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I timed this chick thing out all wrong. Tomorrow is pay day. always a long day out . Off to the bank then TSC, wal-mart, LUNCH,Home to unload everything,Get into all the goodies then pass out from food overload. If they hatch that will probably be the time , while I am gone.

3. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    They don't like anything moving...people, other animals...leaves on the trees. Lol. But they let you know when something is up. Good watchdogs but not as intimidating as big geese. ;)

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I have never been around geese before. Do they attack? I am afraid of turkeys. hahaa

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  6. vintagegem

vintagegem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2014
    Michigan
    I so love reading this thread....Granny's posts always give me a smile or food for thought, and I just love hearing from you all, its so exciting reading posts from all over the country!. I'm from England originally and have lived here in the US in Michigan for nearly 14 years. This is my favourite thread on all of BYC [​IMG] thanks to all for the words of wisdom, advice and laughter.

7. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    You are most welcome. It's a great life if you don't weaken. Lol

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Vintagegem How sweet of you to say so. [​IMG] Its my favorite too. [​IMG] LOL

[​IMG]Still no pip and the sound is getting weaker. I cant tell which egg it is or I would give it an air hole and hatch it tomorrow. Guess I will know when its all said and done. 1 1/2 hr. will be the start of day 20.
    I am getting those polish saturday too ! Need to make a quarantine set up for them . hahaaaa Not really sure why I bother to do that.
    If more chickens is what is needed to winter the seramas without heat then mine should have it made. I have no idea how many are in there but its getting full. I will need to thin them come spring and I think I will start with that hen that got me today ! No i wont, she is my favorite color in that coop.
    5 broken eggs today for the cats. I gave them tons of calcium , have grass clipping in the box. any suggestions ?

9. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Ah geez. Well, we're all going to be sad all the time I guess because I never leave anything in one place for long. :oops:

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Sad is not what they are going to be. Mad would be better. I used to move stuff and if they didnt like it I would move it back just to shut them up ! they had me trained real good. Get yourself a mirror in their coop. they will come back just to look at themselves. and white millet for bribing them. they will learn the sound of what you have it in give it a little shake and they will come flying for some .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by