grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    Thanks for all the advice..i have had chickens for a long time ..probably forgot more than a lot will ever know...prayers for mike enola...

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Good morning all....

I hope Mike is doing better and they find/fix the problem HUGS and Prayers....

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    good morning , Again. LOL i do my best sleeping in the chair, thats why its so wore out.
    Enola, I hope Mike is ok. give him my best. What happened ?
    Im about 4 hrs. behind now. no mowing for me.

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

OK after urine test, blood tests X2, X-rays X2, EKG X2 then a shot of something to make him stop throwing up and something ..... He is sleeping......

Update later

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    so they think its his heart. did the ekg show anything. them tests dont tell much anyway. If you have ever had a heart attack they will be abnormal

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Tests are back! His potassium and magnesium are way off, much too low.......

This Dr. says that his Dr. should know that he needs to have a test once a month for his potassium and magnesium.

I am so upset that his dr. is such a stupid @ss! This is his 3rd trip to the hospital, costing a fortune, that his dr. could have prevented by just giving him a blood test when he goes in for his pt's.

Any way he is going home, not staying!

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Thats what happens when you get old. [​IMG] I could say I know it all and just forgot but i would be lying. every time i think I got it figured out a new product comes along and throws me upside down. For example, a member on here named Dawg is the (in my opinion) the best for advise on worming . I was using Ivermectin til he said its no longer good for worms. .I guess the worms became resistant to it. Not sure how that happens but i guess it does. How has meds. changed for you over the years ? Did you even worm when you were younger ? I dont know your age, if you told me I have forgotten. I do know that back when worming a chicken wasnt done. I wonder if its the feed sometimes.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] that has happened to me. messes with the heart. cramps are bad. ouch. bet his sodium will be too. water pills? stupid drs. for sure !!!

9. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Yay Enola I am so happy Mike's ok. Didn't they tell him to eat a banana or other high potassium food every day?

10. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Yay for Mike being ok. Sucks about the regular doc :(

Merida laid her first egg today!!

[​IMG]

Hers is the top, the bottom two are from my rocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by