grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, apparently not only the topical anesthetic used by some dentists, but also the temporary filling materiel contains clove oil........guess who HATES the flavor of cloves???? It's ruining the flavor of EVERYTHING and I don't go back for the next step until after the 1st. In other news, found out why the initial quote on cost ($400 out of pocket + what insurance paid) was so low --- that was just phase 1. Apparently the restoration phase is still to come - and, come to find out, this visit maxed out my insurance for the year. So, to do it all would be $1000 more -- *but* we can do the "build up" now (for just $200) and then go back for the crown after the first of the year when insurance will pay again.........never simple..............needless to say, I opted for $200 instead of $1000.

glad your home camping did you enjoy yourself ? 
its cool your home town friends are playing. I would watch it too and I have never watched one.
the car is running ! not legal or even in my name but it starts !  the van has a busted brake line. he will try to get it fixed before saturday but no promises. 
Woot :woot let's keep our fingers crossed

I'm home! I got in a few hours ago. After hanging out with the fam it got dark. I started asking about chickens, and that's when I found out that DH hasn't collected a single egg!! He said he thought they could sit in the nest for two months! :lau

13 eggs rotting in the nest. :smack
BooHoo how long have they been in the nest Camping?

So, apparently not only the topical anesthetic used by some dentists, but also the temporary filling materiel contains clove oil........guess who HATES the flavor of cloves????  It's ruining the flavor of EVERYTHING and I don't go back for the next step until after the 1st.  In other news, found out why the initial quote on cost ($400 out of pocket + what insurance paid) was so low --- that was just phase 1.  Apparently the restoration phase is still to come - and, come to find out, this visit maxed out my insurance for the year.  So, to do it all would be $1000 more -- *but* we can do the "build up" now (for just $200) and then go back for the crown after the first of the year when insurance will pay again.........never simple..............needless to say, I opted for $200 instead of $1000.
I had a crown done at the first of the year so I had the money. Our copay is 50/50, out of pocket was over $900. That of course cut into our medical spending account so when my husbands insurance changed at the beginning of the year. Forcing me to go for a bunch xrays & a unnecessary MRI for my back problems that I already was being treated for before I could continue with treatment. By the time it was said and done I am making payments on the first phase of the treatments that have not worked in the past or this time and now I cant afford to actually have the procedures done that would help with the pain.

Well tonight was a eye opener for me. My granddaughter had a volleyball game tonight so hubby & I traveled the hour and a half to get there. Trying to sit on the bleachers just about killed me. There are 2-8th grade teams, each team played 3 games. Almost 2 hours later I tried to get up off the bleachers and take a step down, but my legs buckled under me. Thank goodness hubby was close enough to help. At that moment I felt very old and I'm not. Something needs to be done in this country so hard working people can afford to have the medical treatment they need. Obamacare is not the answer. There has to be some kind of cap on drug cost and care. We are fortunate enough to have private insurance, but everything is so ungodly expensive we can't afford to go to the doctor anyhow. I cannot tell you the injuries over the years that I didn't seek treatment for that I'm paying for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom