grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi mutt and granny

I really hope you are able to sort the Lilly situation out granny, I can see you are trying 100% to do the right thing for her and yourself and the family. It's a real tough thing you are going through. Here's hoping you can rehome her :fl

How's your new polish settling in?

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    shes doing ok, still a bit skiddish but not as bad. eating well but is a loner. LOL have you had an all white one ? very clean looking and stands out in the flock. No egg from the other.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Glad to hear she is ok. Yes I've got an all white one outside now, but it's s scruffy beast!! It always looks grubby and it's getting quite evil. Not with me but the dogs and the cat!! It chases them like a wild banshe? Not sure I've spelt that right? It's 16 weeks and no wattles or crowing so 99% it's a pullet. It's crest is scruffy though not the most prettiest of polish so that's probably why it has not sold :idunno

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    shoot, I would buy it. I find it very funny when chickens chase dogs and cats. LOL I cant seem to find any hens to buy. would love a frizzle to throw in the mix and i dont have a gold laced. yet. lol

5. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Howling laughing!

6. Mutt Farm

[​IMG]

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I am going to hunt some food. be back later.

8. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    It is hilarious as it runs after them :lau The cat will always run away from it as its scared to death of all my birds!! But the dogs especially Kipper will only take so much and it will get its head bitten off I tell you. Mac would take it all day he's not fussed, he thinks all the chickens are his babies. He's one very confused dog!!
    I've got just one frizzle left to sell, it's a black one and is ever so sweet. The other black frizzle was one of the three I sold the other day. Only have 7 left to move on now but I'm going to lower my price as I could do with them gone before the winter sets in. Feed bill for all my animals - horse, dogs, cats and chickens is more than our grocery bill. Need to cut back on some. Plus low and behold my mothers chicken Brenda looks like she is staying here and it's not my addiction either it's the other half. He has developed a soft spot for her and wants to keep her. I've told him you can't go around keeping other people's birds! His answer was I will go buy her another one!! I've left that up to him to sort out with my mother, I'm not getting involved in chicken rustling!!

9. Mutt Farm

^^^ X2. I rarely attend church, but the one I do attend encourages very casual dress so that people won't feel out of place to come in whatever they have to wear. Just glad they came [​IMG]

10. Mutt Farm

That's FUNNY! Poor Mac can't be a JRT. How is Brenda doing? Might be better to rustle her! Ditto on the feed bill. Mine is ridiculous! My gelding had colic surgery in Feb so he is on timothy or orchard hay, no alfalfa. His hay is $18.00 per 3 strand bale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by