grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he is an absolute sack and a half!! He did get a rat out in the garden the other night but was a gentleman and let kipper kill it even though he could have had it first!!

Oh wow that hay is expensive :eek: Harry is having some dental work done tomorrow morning for a dodgy tooth he has. He's going to need sedating for it to be done so I'm expecting a big bill for that. He had his annual vaccination a couple of weeks ago and that was £100 just over.

Colic surgery, that is pricey :th Was he insured?

Sorry y'all. I got stressed out about work, and today it's just eating at me.

A lady at church told me that labs become untrainable after a certain age. I don't want to believe that, but this lady usually knows what she's talking about.

Opinions, dog trainers?

Sorry your feeling stressed out camping, take a deep breath :hugs
I'm no dog trainer but I've never heard of labs being untrainable :idunno I hope others can chime in with an answer for you.

I know he is an absolute sack and a half!! He did get a rat out in the garden the other night but was a gentleman and let kipper kill it even though he could have had it first!!

Oh wow that hay is expensive
ep.gif
Harry is having some dental work done tomorrow morning for a dodgy tooth he has. He's going to need sedating for it to be done so I'm expecting a big bill for that. He had his annual vaccination a couple of weeks ago and that was £100 just over.

Colic surgery, that is pricey
th.gif
Was he insured?
Mac was the one in the pic with your son? What does Kipper look like? My older JRT is 14, missing 6 teeth, is unsteady on her feet and still managed to get a gopher a couple months back! That old broad was so proud!
Our hay $ is out of sight due to drought.
Nope, he wasn't insured. Took me 6 months to pay it off. I sold an old camper and an old 2 horse trailer and made payments on the rest. I had to do it. I couldn't bring myself to put $$ ahead of his life.

Sorry y'all. I got stressed out about work, and today it's just eating at me.

A lady at church told me that labs become untrainable after a certain age. I don't want to believe that, but this lady usually knows what she's talking about.

Opinions, dog trainers?
I can't wholesale say untrainable. IME, New behaviors can always be trained at any age but old behaviors don't go away. So if it's a bad behavior, it's much more difficult to UN-train that after years of habituation. Labs are hunting dogs and are born pre-wired with certain instincts. Instinct never goes away but can be managed..

I can't wholesale say untrainable. IME, New behaviors can always be trained at any age but old behaviors don't go away. So if it's a bad behavior, it's much more difficult to UN-train that after years of  habituation. Labs are hunting dogs and are born pre-wired with certain instincts. Instinct never goes away but can be managed.. 

I think he's already doing better in the house. He doesn't put his paws on the counter or table anymore, and I don't have to holler loud enough to rattle the windows to correct him. He's not jumping as much, either.

I don't know that he has bad habits necessarily, he just hs never been an inside boy. That's a complicated set of expectations.

Well, this house is just too messy, embarrassingly messy, so I invited my dad over for dinner. Nothing like a visitor for motivation! I am actually cooking too, something new for me, asian style ribs. The recipe was pretty easy, and if they come out good, this could turn into one of my go-to dinners. If I don't have to think about it much, then it falls into the category of "fixing" rather than cooking. I haven't added a new recipe to my fixing arsenal for many years, so hoping this one is yummy. Wish me luck!

Well, this house is just too messy, embarrassingly messy, so I invited my dad over for dinner.  Nothing like a visitor for motivation!  I am actually cooking too, something new for me, asian style ribs.  The recipe was pretty easy, and if they come out good, this could turn into one of my go-to dinners.  If I don't have to think about it much, then it falls into the category of "fixing" rather than cooking.  I haven't added a new recipe to my fixing arsenal for many years, so hoping this one is yummy.  Wish me luck!  

Good luck! :weee

When my daughter catches me mopping she always shouts "who's coming over?!"

I think he's already doing better in the house. He doesn't put his paws on the counter or table anymore, and I don't have to holler loud enough to rattle the windows to correct him. He's not jumping as much, either.

I don't know that he has bad habits necessarily, he just hs never been an inside boy. That's a complicated set of expectations.
No worries then. Not bad habits, just lack of good ones. I have a nearly FOOL PROOF way to stop counter surfing! Entertaining too! Problem with that is when you catch him and holler, you teach him not to do it when you are around.. Here's a video of the method I suggest.
pop.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom