grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

He was mining in Gastonia? Silver haired dude, helluva pool shark.

It is. I want so badly to go home to the east coast, midwest. No good gold panning here of late. Ore mines up by Ridgecrest, but no gold.

2. Mutt Farm

[​IMG]Good story!

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I'd love to have one and the ramp that lifts it up. That way I wouldn't have to wait so long on one to get empty and sometimes just leave from hurting so bad. I could get in and out and get the stuff I needed without to much of a problem. It's bad after sitting so long waiting and then have to leave because of pain. Then have to make another trip to town and hope for the best.

4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    that was him then. Someone there mentioned him being a pool shark.

5. Mutt Farm

6:30 here. Time to feed/run the doggies. Hope to hear from Twist? BBL Thanks for the friendships! [​IMG]

6. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Don't worry mare, we're all good :) I get what you're saying. I spoil my girls, I know I do, but I don't think I go overboard. There's no chandelier in their coop ;)

Funny story, went to pay landlord rent, went with a carton of eggs for him too (he turned down, said he had lots...sigh. Told him stop buying eggs we have more than enough and don't mind sharing lol) he comments that he hopes I'm not like the neighbor lady who sits there and cuddles her chickens.

My shifty eyes answer....well, I handle them so if I have to, they're used to it, but none of them are overly cuddly.

We won't show him pics of the girls perched on my legs. Or tell him about last night where I had sparkles on my arm and noodlehead on my shoulder....

Different people have different perceptions on how things should be done. Doesn't make it right or wrong. ;) I mean some would probably think I'm wrong cause I don't have misters, wading pools or fans for my girls.

7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Don't worry prostar, people think I'm crazy all the time when it comes to my chickens.

8. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy Premium Member

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Lol roost, how do you think I came about having them :lau

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy Premium Member

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Rehomed 8 old hens & 1 rooster since Friday. And lost one adult hen to a egg breaking internally today. We were out of town yesterday & came home to her looking half dead. Hubby put her down this afternoon. I opened her up & found the burst egg & infection.

Almost forgot, ordered 25 production layer chicks to get ready for next spring.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Oh I'm sorry for your loss chicken lady. :hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by