grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone, left off the good because I have fasting blood work @12:30, so no coffee yet today. If I wasn't such a night time snacker I wouldn't have to do it so late in the day :hit

Last edited:
20151015_110242_zpsurrsmarv.jpg

Fortunately neighbor was home....and horses followed ds there anyway lol

Last edited:
You all were on a roll again last night, but luckily not a lot of new pages to read.

Twist, love the pictures of our yaks. Porter is definitely a big boy, hope he is nice. So granny is wanting to start a family, that's great! When are the 2 cows that are preggor susposed to have their baby yaks?

Have to get ready for my blood work appt. Ta Ta for now

You all were on a roll again last night, but luckily not a lot of new pages to read.

Twist, love the pictures of our yaks. Porter is definitely a big boy, hope he is nice. So granny is wanting to start a family, that's great! When are the 2 cows that are preggor susposed to have their baby yaks?

Have to get ready for my blood work appt. Ta Ta for now
Hope your blood work comes back good chicken lady.

I know im talking to self right now. Egg yolks are paler yellow. Is that because they re not getting enough protein with this ff? Im feeding some chick starter. About 1/2 of each. Only got 1 egg each day for last 2 days. Maybe its time for the light in the coop. Both eggs were green. Hope some of my pullets lay green eggs. 3 of them have pea combs but that could be from GLW roo Should see in about a month.
The orange in the yolks comes from carotenoids, dark leafy things, grass, alfalfa. Corn will contribute too. They will build it up in their systems over the winter break, and you will see yellower legs and skin (for those who have yellow skin). Yolks are darker orange in the spring and tend to get lighter over the summer as the pigment gets used up. Hens that have laid well will have very pale feet/skin. Old timers cull hens who have bright yellow legs in the fall because it meant she didn't lay much. You can supplement with leafy things, but I have found that the cycle tends to happen anyway. Some feeds add marigold petals to make the yolks orange, but I wonder if that has the same health benefits as when the hens get good greens.

Your gd is a cutie!!!
smile.png

morning what pretty baby ! looks like she is having fun. chicken not so much. lol your 71 ? I would not of thought that by your posts. love collards from Ga. after the first frost of course.
not got me eyes open yet.
Morning! Hope dd's appointment goes well. I can tell your eyes weren't open yet because jane had 6 Xs in her age, not 7!
lol.png

Never a dull moment. ...sitting at my desk and see my cell light up with a call from DS......thought he was just calling to day good morning, but instead I hear the dogs going nuts in the background and DS says, "um, there's 5 horses in the front yard". Second time in a month for this particular neighbor's horses to come calling.....me thinks it's time for some fence repairs. Anyway, just waiting to hear whether anyone was home (sent him to knock on their door) per of I need to go home and play round-up. Told him under no circumstances to go out on his own as I had my hands full last time and he's not got a lot of horse sense beyond loving on our puppy dog horse, and even she can intimidate him when she gets froggy. Just hope they stay up of the road.
woot.gif
Free horses!!! Get 'em in the barn!
gig.gif

Morning everyone, left off the good because I have fasting blood work @12:30, so no coffee yet today. If I wasn't such a night time snacker I wouldn't have to do it so late in the day
hit.gif

Lisa, fasting is no fun. They make you do that when pregnant to check for gestational diabetes. After not eating, you have to sit in the dr office and drink this syrup stuff with your poor empty stomach.
sickbyc.gif
I couldn't finish it all. Oh, you have to they told me. I said the blood test wouldn't work anyway if I barfed the syrup all over the office. Haha! Did I mention I don't like going to the doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom