grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    :gig

2. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Red, sounds like those "people" have poor potty training and shame on them for speaking ill to a child!!!! This makes me so angry for you!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks Jane. Honestly, it would be great if I could afford to go out and buy, nice materials to build a super coop. At the same time though with no money and stuff jus laying around, there's no sence in letting stuff lay there and rot. When I do get the money, I'm thinking about building a coop that looks better than the house just to prove a point lol. May even put ****** heating and air in it.

4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    She's awesome! Looks like she came straight out of a Las Vegas show. Can she high kick?

Looked those up. They are very cute! I love all the different colors. Would they just be pets for you?

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    It upsets me too Linda. But he's a pretty strong child so hopefully it won't take much to replenish his confidence. Wish they'd said it to me instead of him though.

6. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    DH says my ideas are "trashy." That took the wind out of my sails. If he took the kids on vacation for a week, oh the things I could do! :lau My ideas are on point. It's my follow-through that needs some work...

7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Clearly they weren't brave enough to say those things to you directly. Only cowards make kids feel bad about themselves or their family.

1 person likes this.
  8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Red, if they said it to "your boy" then they said it to you. if you get another chance at this tell this person off in front of the boy. it will do him good to hear he can stand up for himself. just my opinion

1 person likes this.
  9. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hiya :frow

Two fingers up to them roost!! No need for what they have done, at all. :hugs

Granny that is one clean bird!! Very pretty indeed :highfive:

3 people like this.
  10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Red, those people say stuff like that just to make themselves feel superior, which they are NOT. And saying those things to a child proves how inferior they really are. Real big shot, picking on a 10 yr old. Next time your son should ask those people if they want him to relay the message to you. If they say yes, then he should tell them okay, I'll go get dad so you can speak to him in person. (So you can inform them it's none of their d*** business!) If they say no, he can ask why they said it in the first place. I love that your first instinct is to protect your son! [​IMG] He's old enough to understand that, like kids, some adults are just plain mean, and when they say unkind things it shows their true nature, something is wrong with them, something wrong in their heart. It doesn't say anything about you and your family. Talk to him about it. Keep teaching him to rise above and be a better person! Just like you!!! [​IMG]

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by