grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    Well Ive been up since 3:30. Helped DH get off to Nashville for new job starting today. Nice that it is daylight when gs is getting on bus. Have to remember to put chickens up by 5 pm. Went out yesterday at 5:30 and they were all on their roosts. Guess they are trained good. Didnt even have to feed them to get them into coops. Raining again this am. Free day. Nobody here but me. No cooking done cleaning. Maybe i can nap and rest this am.

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Twist you are so kind! I am a 1957 model...... Not many of you are older than me.[​IMG]

After a zillion tests, Mike does not have heart failure, thank God! But, as of last night they still are not sure what is causing his right leg to swell. This morning he told me it is even more swollen than yesterday. Today they are going to do a sonogram on his leg looking for clots. Another EKG, and another test I can't remember the name of. I hope to get to talk to his Dr today. The hospital has STRICT orders to keep Dr Russell away from him. The Dr who is taking care of him now told his sister that "who ever his Dr was is incompetent beyond belief".

He has promised me that he will NEVER go back to Dr Russell!

Thanks for all the well wishes!

1 person likes this.
  3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Good morning all. It's raining here again today. Sure wish I could send this rain to those who need it. Hope it stops so I can get outside and let the chickens out. I don't want to be coop up in here another day neither. I do apologize for last night. Really not sure what happened.

4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    So glad to hear from you enola . We were concerned yesterday. Glad to hear that it's not heart failure. Hope they figure it out today and get him on the way to recovery. .

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Morning y'all!

Enola, great news on Mike! Sorry I don't have anything helpful to contribute.

Red, congrats on the feather! Don't worry about last night, we all have our moments...

Damp and gray here. I can hear the biddies hollering on the porch. For having a mama they are so loud! And I think she's the first broody to lead them straight up to me for food or water. Usually the broodies won't let them close. She's not a friendly lap hen, either. Funny how motherhood changes them.

I'm out of layer this morning, so I need to get dressed to go get some. This dampness is in my bones, and I've also got bad cramps today. So maybe I can feed them scraps and have DH get the feed when he goes to town...

6. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Thank enola for updating us on Mikes condition. Very glad that it wasn't heart failure, but still very concerned about him & you. Praying they will find the answer to his swelling leg asap. I would also ask his current doctor to put it in writing that Dr. Rossell was incompetent. That way if you pursue a court case against her you will have it in writing. You guys are in my thoughts & prayers, wish you didn't have to go to work at a time like this :hugs :hugs

7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks camping. Hope you feel better yourself. This gloomy weather does cause alot of aches and pains on top of all the rest. Funny, I use to think all my elders were nuts talking about gloomy days making them hurt. Now I am that crazy elder lol.

8. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Morning Red & congrats for winning the contest :celebrate And don't you worry about last night. We don't have control over our bodies. They do whatever the h*ll they want to do lol. Hope you are feeling better today & sorry about the rain. We are dry at the moment, but clouds aren't looking promising for staying rain free. Hubby is home today so I must head out to work with him on our leaking roof. Have a great day & hug your Pearl today for being such a great gal :hugs

9. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I hate to run without being able to catch up on all the post from last night. Sorry I feel asleep last night waiting for news of Reds condition without saying good night. I woke up to finding out that one of my friends here decided to bless me with a golden feather. I will probably never know who did this, but thank you from the bottom of my heart. You all have no idea how much you all mean to me. Your frienships are cherished. Hoping & praying that you all have a great day. Will check back later :hugs

10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I would like to thank all of you for the votes on the contest. Without you all I wouldn't have won the contest. Imo there was funnier post then mine. But I am very humbled by your support. Now if we can get Mr trump in there to try to straighten up some of the mess that he will inherit lol. Serious guys thank you. Now back to trying to figure out who the angel was that gave me the golden feather yesterday. No I forgot who said it but they were right, we should all treat each other as the way that we want to be treated. I think everyone on this thread already does a great job of that. And whether y'all believe it or not, if I do suddenly strike it rich, all of y'all will be on a plane, train , bus, or boat headed to my house in NC. Love you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by