grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Well I've got internal pips! Only Day 19. I'm so nervous. The turner was still going. I'm so afraid I ruined it all by rushing into official lockdown. I bet they were out of the bator at least 20 minutes. Humidity was higher in the laundry room, though, so that might have helped.

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi all, wow I've missed a bunch again lol. Loved your April fools prank granny :love I have been super busy with the nicer days. Trying to get yard work done and some coop cleanouts.

Happy Good Friday to you all. Its going to be a very quiet Easter here. My daughter & grandkids spend most holidays with her husbands side of the family because they live in the same area [​IMG] Wish they would go halfsies, I miss them all.

I found out this week that one of my 6 week old chicks is a offspring of my deceased Ollie, my beautiful white Chantacler too that died a week ago. I've suspected it was but it had greenish/black legs that always thru me off. Then this week the chick sprouted tufts or whatever they are called by its ears. I have a beautiful solid white Ollie-egger :woot

Better get my buns a moving, chores don't do themselves. Have a great day all!

1 person likes this.
  3. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I've got a pip!

[​IMG]

And so does my broody!

[​IMG]

4. manychitlens

manychitlens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    I always read through, then get distracted by the kids or something, and when I'm ready to reply I've forgotten most of what I've read. :/

Camping yay for pips! I hope they all hatch perfectly!

Chickenlady yay for an Ollie-egger!! I know you loved him so, hopefully this one will be just as great! :)

I'm sure I'll remember more later, maybe after I've had some coffee, haha. :)

5. manychitlens

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Ooh how fun!! You'll have brand new easter chicks, how adorable!! :)

6. manychitlens

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    So... let me ask a hypothetical question. If I were to go out today and have a couple of chicks magically appear (I would guess they are about 3 days old), would it be a problem adding my couple of chicks that are hatching this coming tuesday? So they would be just exactly a week apart in age. I would be adding them on Thursday. Should be okay right? Or do I need to worry?

7. manychitlens

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California

Let me also add that if someone doesn't respond soon and tell me that it's a bad idea, two chicks may magically appear in my brooder before DH gets home. LOL! :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Well, hypothetically speaking of course [​IMG], no problem putting chicks together that are one week apart. What breed are these hypothetical chicks?

9. manychitlens

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Thank you, Wishing!! Yes, all hypothetical obviously. [​IMG] These hypothetical chicks would likely be a brahma and a SLW. Any thoughts on those? :) I took the kids to a feed store that I hadn't been to before yesterday. They have so many breeds, most are sexed and separated (they have bins of roos of all the same breeds that they have pullets), specialty breeds, ducks, turkeys... it was very bad for my limited amount of self control. My thought is that I'd like to start with many different looks/colors as possible... plus I've read over and over that brahmas are so sweet (important with the kids). Any and all input is welcome, I'm putting the baby down for a nap so I have a few hours of being forced to stay home. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  10. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Where's granny today? I need her to tell me these babies are all roos again. :/ I'm pretty sure they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by