grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon

Welcome to the thread! :frow and we love pictures! :thumbsup
    Polish are one of my favorites I love their big crest and Silkies of course.

2. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Did any one see the blood moon??

4. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Yes! I did!

5. enola

Folks on the East Coast got cheated!

6. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Why do you think so?

7. enola

We couldn't see the eclipse.

8. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    SO Camping where did you get 11 roos?? I can just imagine you driving down the road hubby hanging head out the window gasping for fresh air. Suppose kids were trapped in car seats turning various colors. Wonder what happened to Granny today??? Got the house as clean as its gonna get. Had Vigil Mass tonight was a short one 8:30 to 11:15. Good night all sweet dreams and warm fuzzies. What ever you all do DON"T drive over the Easter Bunny on the way to services in the morning.

9. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I've got friends from college who led me down the road to chickens. He had two hatches to boost his laying flock, and ended up with three hens and 11 roosters. :lau Then two weeks ago they had a baby (already had a toddling boy). So I offered to take the roos (thinking there were 5 or 6) to lighten their load a bit.

I listed them on fb and got a notification: "are these near (town they came from)? If so I'll take them all."

Honestly, it would be worth another two hours with them in the van just to see them all go at once. It's like a cage battle royale out there. :(

10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Howdy everybody! Happy Easter! [​IMG] Spent Saturday up north at my in-laws. G'pa John has started dialysis at home. Beginning of a new way of life for him- what an ordeal! But, in comparison to the alternative, it's not so bad.

Hey Min! [​IMG] Good to see you here. Congrats on the new egg from your Appen-Spitzerwhachacallem. [​IMG] You've been waiting a loooong time for that one!

Manychitlins, the chicks are super cute. Love the Brahma with her head cocked sideways. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Camping, congrats on the new babies! [​IMG] Your rooster relocation project sounds hysterical. I know I would have been. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enola, thought of your granddaughter today. Hope the surgery went well and she heals quickly.

I woke up at 4:45am (sadly typical for me) and ran out see if we had clear skies for the lunar eclipse. It was fantastic! Beautiful dark skies, bright stars, milky way and an orange moon. I ran back in and both boys and my hubs came out to see. We dragged #1son's telescope out and got a few pictures. If I can figure out how to post them from my phone, I will. Hubs can help me in the morning. We also got a good look at Saturn. If you have a smart phone, Google Sky Map is a really great app for navigating the night sky.

Sweet dreams to all! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by