grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Happy Easter Everyone!

2. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Happy Easter!
    [​IMG]

Hope you didn't ware yourself out at the Swap Granny, I have a feeling Granny's Gone and Done it!

3. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Oh and I have no idea what happened to my quote in that last one with the chick pics. I said those are some of the cutest chicks I've seen and amazing job on the pics. But for some reason it disappeared.
    Camping I can't imagine riding in a car with 11 Rosters! Not with my husband anyway! Lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  4. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Wakey wakey its day breaky. or We are all in our places with bright shinning/smiling faces. Beth decided that my face was the place to "launch" herself off of to attack the other dogs SIGH so no sleeping in here either.

Prayers for the granddaughter.

Welcome new person!!!! You don't have to be crazy (chicken or otherwise) to be on this thread but it helps.

Suzerid what breed is the hen in the pic??

5. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Dirty beak clean it up with orbitz [​IMG]

6. manychitlens

manychitlens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Good morning alll, happy Easter!! We're going to a friend's house today for a big egg hunt and dinner. Should be fun, their two kids are in my kids' classes at their school and the mom and I have become friends. Not sure if DH will make it since he has to work, as usual. We went to seder last night at a Rabbi friend's house, so that was fun and of course a great experience for the kids.

Thank you for the chick love!! <3 They are doing great. The marans is quite the little sassy thing. I'm fairly confident that the brahma is a female now based on wing development, I read that was pretty accurate for brahmas.

There's a breeder a couple of hours from here that has BBS English Orps on sale for 2 for $5, and lavender ameraucanas for $8 this week. I can't tell you how tempted I am to make the drive!! Those are my absolute favorites, but then I would have to deal with the rooster issue... which is why I didn't get any in the first place. Sigh. :)

7. manychitlens

manychitlens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Enola, thinking of your grandbaby, I hope that it went perfectly and she is healing perfectly.

Granny, we need to hear what you went and did!! I'm having major self control issues when it comes to chicks. I definitely need to move out of the city.

Welcome, Min! :)

Camping that drive sounds both awful and hilarious at the same time!! So nice of you to help your friend out. :)

Suzierd your chickie is adorable and it made me lol!! Thank you for the chick love! :)

Twisted I don't have dogs waking me up (but I do have dogs), but I do have kids waking me up at all hours of the night. I feel your pain, lol! :) I hope she decides to launch herself from somewhere else tomorrow.

Wishing, I know you asked this a few days ago but I'm in Sacramento. I will absolutely check out that thread you mentioned!! As if I need more temptations, lol. :) I think after this I will probably stick with breeders. I let chick fever run away with me, but I'm happy to have the brahma, and hopefully the marans will chill out a little. She's a feisty one! But luckily she's not aggressive with the brahma, she just isn't real snuggly and tries to boss her around, lol. I really hope she'll accept the new chicks on Thursday. :)

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Well I'm up to 28 chicks and 19 eggs left. I've got a few active pips! My broody has four pretty babies. Not sure if she knows they need to eat, or if she's going to keep sitting for another two weeks.

9. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    If she has accepted the chicks then if she has eggs underneath her she will wait up to 15 hours to see if anymore hatch and then begin motherly duties :)

10. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

No more eggs. She smothered one that was unzipping, and when I checked just now she had squished a chick. I'm hoping they were accidents. So, three pretty babies. :(

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by