grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    wasnt thinking along those lines. hmmm...... lol the white rooster has been beat very badly by the hens and i cant even let the buff ones out. the big hens fit right in but these guys are not welcome. On a funny note, went to empty the bator for the new eggs, not that i want to but there they sit. soo. the min. time the old eggs have been in there is 22 days. I had 3 seramas left. but decided to candle one last time. chirp, chirp, .... I panicked and punched a little hole in the top of them all ( I dont know why) and stuck them back in the bator. they all looked dead at candle too. I put them into lock down a week ago. so, I put the eggs on auction , starting bid 2 $ hahaaa Not one person so far. shoot, I paid 5$ for them. my cochins have been institutionalized their whole life.[​IMG] They dont have a clue on how to act like a chicken. they are like the battery hens. they are ready to fight ( hens too) just from the sight of another chicken. What can i do? I hate them being caged. to me thats like keeping a dog on a chain . Man gave me a good deal on them because he knows me. do i call him and ask him if he wants them back or sell them or ??

2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Maybe give them another week or two? They could settle down.

3. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    aww, how cute.. what kind ? the 2 young orph mix i bought are lazy little critters. been riding around on the back of my big buff orphs half the day . hahaaa i never seen that before.

5. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Thought I answered already? It's half SS, half mystery white laying hen.

I want to see pictures of your speckled sussex! Are they bantams? Those are super hard to find.

6. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    OK. YALL. Today was one for the books!

I got a buyer for the rowdy roos. He wanted all 11 at $5 a piece! :celebrate But he was in the town they came from. :rant

So this morning I loaded them up and drove all 10 of them two hours back to where they were from. 10? Didn't I have 11? Yep, sure did. One flew right over my shoulder and is still roaming the grounds somewhere.

I had 33 chicks hatch out of 50 eggs. The broody squished one, so 32. Then I sold 3. So, 29. But then I bought one. So 30. Plus the 9 I already had. 39. Plus 14 in the yard. 53.

I have 53 chickens, and one stray roo.

I feel like a crazy person. :weee

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  7. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    We're all crazy here!
    .....In a good way.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    maybe u did and i missed it. not bantam full size. sounds like u had a granny day . LOL no one is taking pictures for me. she has solid white flight feather but thats all i see odd about her.

9. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    No, it didn't show up the first time. I guess I didn't post it right. It's not unusual to have a white feather in the wings. I've read it's hard to breed out and correct, but I think most of mine have white in their wings.

Here are the SS babies I hatched:
    [​IMG]

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    they are cute. I will have her with the swedish rooster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by