grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I bet that will be pretty!

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Good morning all. Rain,sleet ,& snow yesterday. Went to Running yesterday got chick starter, pine shavings (for big bird side) stall fresh for under shavings it really really helps with odors and ammonia smell & buildup...........argghh bycc at it again

3. vintagegem

vintagegem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2014
    Michigan
    @campingshaws [​IMG] bet they keep you on your toes! I have 5 hens and I'm thinking of getting a couple more, but 53.....wow!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Plus the two dogs, cat, and two kids: 6 and 3.

It looks way worse on paper. ;)

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG]GRANNY DID IT !!!!!!! I have a serama baby ! [​IMG][​IMG] One more piped. day 24? [​IMG]

6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    That's fantastic! [​IMG] Are these from home eggs or shipped ones?

You really need a camera! I want to seeeeee!!!

7. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Good news for you Granny! Sucks you can't take a picture though.

8. manychitlens

manychitlens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Before I go back and read what I've missed, I could use some help, if anyone has a second! The chicks are starting to have yucky poops. Their poop was fine until a couple of hours ago, and now it's runny and stinky. I thought maybe it was a one time thing from one chick, but now it's both of them every time they poop. I have a picture, but BYC isnt sending me to the mobile site for some reason so I can't upload it. I can figure something out and put it on my computer if necessary. Background: chicks are one week old today, eating Scratch and Peck non medicated starter, chick grit sprinkled on top (as per the instructions on the feed), they have a traditional waterer and a nipple waterer, brooder is sand with puppy pads that I change 2-3 times per day, and they have an eco glow heater that they are in and out of. They are acting normally, eating and drinking, no weird chirping, have not been outside. My kids put a stick from the yard in there because they thought the chicks needed a toy, not sure if that could introduce something nasty to them. I can post this somewhere else if I need to, but I'm not sure where to post it, the baby chick section? Or does anyone have advice?

9. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Lol granny, we need pics and descriptions! :)

From now on I will always assume granny has gone and done it until told otherwise! :)

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    your feeding what? I feed mine from day one to death flock raiser crumbles. I dont medicate unless they have cocci and they never have. With crumbles they dont need grit either. and the stick should be fine but they are young for that as well. Is the puppy pads on top of the sand? they are not eating that are they? I use a wood floor with some feed scattered around . clean up is easy. they are past the point of worrying about splay leg . not that they need a slippery floor, they dont . I think you have the wrong food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by