grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    :( Silly mum! What breed is the mum and what breeds are the chicks? :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Broody is a French black copper marans. The black chick is her own, half black copper marans and half speckled sussex. The other two are both half speckled sussex, and half mystery white layer hen. She's been sitting on them since Monday or Tuesday.

3. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Cool :)

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Happy Easter eveybody!

Thanks so much for the prayers and get well wishes for the surgery on my grand daughter. They think the surgery was a success! They sent me a picture of her smiling this morning.

5. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon

Great News!

6. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Well, I was right. Every full moon I can't seem to get enough sleep. I woke up almost 6 times last night. That was AWFUL. I also noticed my sicker bunnies were wose yesterday. I don't enjoy the after effect of a full moon.[​IMG]

Edited to add:
    Great to hear the good news about your grand daughter Enola.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  7. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Sorry you didn't sleep well Watermelon I slept fine until the cat jumped on me at 5:30 this morning I knew she went to bed way to early last night.

8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    welcome Ming, sorry i have been MIA . who said i went and OVER did it ? you are correct. LOL very sore and tired. fell asleep with DD and all the family over cooking and hunting eggs. Missed the most of it. I guess i really left you hanging hu? the last granny gone and done it was 6 bantams from TSC. I have learned they are duluce?? my spelling. hahaa 3 mille flure and 3 porciline. BUT, I have done so much more since then. My GS and myself did go to the swap. I took 7 . 6 of them being roosters. I brought home 10, 2 roosters. made 2 bucks off mine and spent 50$ this is why i have no food at the end of the month. I picked something else up there i didnt need. I have a bad sore throat and my muscles wont cooperate with me. I guess standing in the parking lot did me in. No eggs hatched in my bator of course. they are still in there. I picked up a dozen hatching eggs why? they are still sitting in there too. lets see if i can name what i got. My favorite speckled sussex !! 2 silver laced wyandottes, gold laced cochin bantam , pr of buff cochin bantam pr. of white cochin bantam. 2 white /black spots supposed to be orphs. the white roo has already been whipped bad. he and the buff are caged . thats the 2 i wish i didnt have. they are both very pretty. I am glad everyone seems to be doing well. especially the baby !! congrats on all the new ones. I hope i am able to make it outside today to see all my new ones. I have an electric chair and a ramp but that stupid door jam gets me every time.

1 person likes this.
  9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Granny, congrats on the new birds! With all those Cochins, you won't need to depend on an incubator. They are broodybators. Sounds like you had a good Easter. Naps are always good!

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

......... I foresee a population explosion at your house Granny! ......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by