grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thats not hard to do with all the fluffy butts running every where. A lot of people have been having problems with the ads on here.

2. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    Think I'll go to bed. Past my bedtime. If I can figure. All this out I'll try to send pics of them tomorrow. Nite granny

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Lisa, sounds like you had a mess today. I hope the little ones hatch for you. [​IMG] Think i pushed my humor up with my hemorrhoids on that mower today.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Night Danna, warm fuzzies

5. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon

Hope they make it!

6. Suzierd

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon

I really miss lightening bugs, they are so awesome.

7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Lightning bugs are one of the few things that make living here in the summer worth it -- all of our families have made visits out here (from the NW) during the summer specifically to see them (yeah, we don't get out much, lol). It took DH's dad three tries - the first time he was too early by two weeks for that year, the next time he missed them by a week or so by coming at the end of summer and he FINALLY got to see them on his third visit. It's the highlight of each summer for me when I see the first lightning bugs - they look like little fairy lights out where we live because it's so dark and they just fill the fields and tree lines all around us.

8. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Yikes - that's a whole lot of mowing! There are some advantages to having fenced off half our property and turning horses out on it.....cut the mowing time dramatically, especially since the part that is still "yard" is where the stupid giant pond is at, so that's even less grass......if I had my way we'd just fill that **** thing in, DH got lazy about upkeep and it's nothing more than a cat-tail farm now. This is the year he either gets it completely cleaned up and restored or we commit to not having it anymore (just haven't told him yet, lol)
    This is what it used to look like
    [​IMG]
    Now, imagine this with *maybe* a 10x10 area of water in the very middle surrounded by layer upon layer of cattails - it's a disgrace and an eye sore now.

9. Suzierd

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon

I am so jealous! I use to live in Ohio when I was a kid and loved the lightening bugs I would but some in a big jar with holes in the top by my bed at night and let them go in the morning. I was hoping to see some in Florida but no such luck wrong time I guess, I did get to see a beautiful red male Cardinal. [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    So, Miss Brahma "I Think I'm Broody" from earlier is back at it - and she is fully committed to it this time around.....all around bad timing and *I* was ready to steal the small dog's crate over the weekend and break her - then DH goes and says, "Why are you doing that? I thought you wanted more birds.......can't you let her hatch some or get her some babies?". REALLY? This man is no help, lol. Ultimately, I don't think I can get what I want right now without paying an arm and a leg for small order shipping (the birds came to $11 - the shipping was $37!) and no one immediately around me has any eggs - plus those come with the risk of getting a bunch of boys - so I'm really trying to just stay strong and stick to the plan of not adding anything until next spring.....but that man just had to go and plant the seed........[​IMG] Who was it here in the thread that had mentioned possibly having some SS eggs before????Was it you, @campingshaws [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by