grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Oh Granny. Never a dull moment, I guess. At least the chicken boy can help out. I'd keep him around for a while. [​IMG]
    Best wishes for speedy recoveries for all (including you!).

2. Dannachic

Dannachic Crowing

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    I hope you feel better granny..i took my 8 chicks out of the house today too..i was very glad to get them in the coop..the hens all checked them out they r in a cage now..they are just a month old but growing fast..stinky lil things ..If i was closer i would help you..

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thanks all. more exciting evening. Tom is admitted. He was not a happy camper. c scan is not showing an active bleed but they are not ruling stroke out. the more i talked to him ,I dont think it is strokes. he is on top of his game. uti can cause this in the elderly and he has a LOT going on in there so they have started antibiotics .

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i guess gs snuck out to the coop after i left. said one egg is trying to hatch. he can feel it. 2 more ready, 3 looked dead and a clear. this guy learns fast except for the part when i told him to not go out. cant sleep but i guess i am keeping others up. hehee oh, dd and gs stayed because of tom. the rest went to their new house. [​IMG] night every one..

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Good night! Hope your Tom comes home soon. Hospitals are misery.

6. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Songster

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    That's very true about UTIs, a few years ago my very elderly grandmother had one. When the family visited her found that she couldn't walk and barely talk. We though she had had a stroke but luckily it was a UTI which is much easier to treat.

Best wishes.

7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Prayers and well wishes there Granny.

Went to auction tonight only spent 925.50 LOL Got to 110 gal 199,000 btu hot water heaters only 3 years old and all stainless steel interiors. From a coin laundy business. also some pillow cases, 4x8 & 3x10 rubber backed rugs, and misc. He Paid over 5,000.00 each for the water heaters. Found a new ins company to take the motel as the old company doesn't want to insure older motels. Coverage basically the same but no discount for full payment so its going to be about 1750.00 more a year. Chickens are getting lots of watermelon trimmings lately eating 1 to 2 a week mainly myself. With salt easy way to make up for sweating it all out. HOT today pushing 100. 12:30am and still high 70's guess ac's are running all night. Averaging over 2 gallons of water out of de-humidifier a day in basement. Beginning to understand how "wet aged" meat feels. LOL

I have Wyandottes the silver laced type beautiful bird and nice layers.

Sweet dreams and warm fuzzies to all.

8. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    what is a uti???

9. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Songster

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    A Urinary Tract Intection or better known as a water infection, I had a nasty one last week actually :/

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    morning all. no sleep for me. 2 hrs. maybe. would like to strangle a cat if i could this am. stupid thing came on one side of me and started hacking then went to the other side. not sure how i am getting up. I cant fly. Twisted, congrats on the find ! I am glad you changed ins. co. hope the are better then your old one. I keep forgetting about your signature. abbs. hurt your mind. hahaa Hope you get a cool down. hard to believe the temp reaches that high there. I wouldnt of thought it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by