grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Morning granny. Sorry about the cat. And about everything else. :hugs

I had vitamin d deficiency and a pill WORKED MIRACLES. I'm outside all day in the summer, but I wear lots of sunscreen and protective clothing. Just taking vitamin d turned my moods around, gave me energy, and I didn't ache as much.

Busy day here. Inlaws are coming from Iowa in a few days, so I'm doing The Big Clean. Working in the yard today. I'll take before/after pics.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    morning again. LOL talked to tom this morning and was able to go to sleep . dr. just called to report to me. still not ruling stroke out but seems to think something triggered old stoke symptoms ???? mri today will tell more. hope all have good day. [​IMG]

3. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Bad kitty!

And yikes. Hopefully they get things figured.

I didn't even realize vitamin d deficiency was even a thing anymore...I know they enrich all the milk and stuff up in Canada with the stuff.

Ugh. Gotta do my dmv trip today...driving test....so nervous for it. Yes I know how to drive but lol. I'm sure I've developed some bad habits.

Dang it California why can't you just accept that Canadians know how to drive. (Well, some of us lol)

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Good morning Granny and gang!
    Sounds like adventures (good and bad) abound in here as usual.
    @granny hatchet - so glad that your Tom has been admitted and hope they are able to come to a good conclusion as to the cause so they can start getting him fixed back up! Sounds like your little chicken boy is becoming quite the flock-master - listening can be hard when the temptation of the coop is calling. Gotta love waking up to the sounds of a yakking cat [​IMG]
    @Dannachic - ah, the blissful peace that comes with moving day for the latest batch of chicks. As much as I love having the little buggars close where I can admire them and love on them, by the time they are ready to move to a grow out pen or the main coop I am more than ready to see them go. It isn't so much them, but the dust - oh, the dust...and, since I brood in my master bathroom's tub (not going to be an option next spring as my order will be larger than can be housed there) there is also the added fun of trying to sneak in/out of the bathroom at night without setting off the chorus of cheeps. Hope your integration goes smoothly. I have been quite impressed with the moving of the latest batch of pullets out to the *big house* - always a relief when things go smoothly.
    @twisted-acres-farm - LOL @ aged meat comparison! I'm not a fan of of the hot and humid here either.

If not for feeling tied here by DD (she's only going to be starting her 2nd of likely 6-7 years at Purdue this fall) I'd be packing a moving truck tomorrow to head back to the great NorthWest! Was sorely tempted this spring when my mom had an empty house looking to sell/rent - she tried to make us one hell of a deal and I was *this* close to taking her up on it, but can't very well "abandon" my kiddo out here and she is locked into the program she's in so transferring isn't an option for her. I truly feel that is the only thing holding us here at this point as both DH and I would love to go "home" - not only for the much more enjoyable climate, but, frankly, I miss my mommy (and the rest of both our families) -- feeling a bit down lately about how little time we are actually able to spend with our loved ones and how far away from all of them this life has taken us, must be that it is summer, which was always a time spent with one part of the family or another just about every weekend -- my kids have missed out on all of that.

Reflecting on how busy my life is going to become when DD is off to Ft. Knox (dropping her off next week -logic prevailed, for once, regarding her travel) - have to admit it's been handy having her home to run errands for me vs. having to do it all myself.

Printed off the flyer/schedule for this year's 4-H fair and went to mark the events I need to be available for so I could fill out my request for time off and realized just how little I have to do now that I'm down to just one kiddo taking part. Turns out I only have two times out of the whole fair that I *have* to be there.....once for project check in and once for the cat show. Gotta admit, I am NOT going to miss being tied to that darn horse barn all week, kind of glad DS never ended up taking an interest in riding - he's content to pet them and feed them treats, must be why the horses like him most, lol. So, suppose we should probably get around to actually being sure he has all his projects done and ready - EVERY year we swear it's going to be different, and every year we are scrambling around the last week before fair, lol.

Wow - didn't mean to ramble on like that - suppose should get back to work (needed an escape from the endless string of crises that seems to have become my work life I guess).

Hope all stay cool, comfy and WELL today!!!!

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Ol mare, didnt your daughter win a pageant ?? I would love to have been involved in the fair. too late for that now. kid hates animals anyway. vit.D is in our milk as well in the U.S. most dont have problems unless they are house bound all the time , live in far northern states where there is too long a winter, or, in both my kids case, crones. My dd is 29.4 , border line low (30) and dr. gives her 50,000 iu 3xs a week. son is 15.1 dr. tells him to go out in the sun for half hr. a day. I started the D on him as well. Soo, went to heat my coffee in the micro. there was a big old nasty fly in there. first 30 seconds, nothing. went for another 1 1/2 min. it didnt explode. very disappointing ! I opened the door and it flew away with all its radiation packed self. [​IMG] So i heated my coffee and stood there for a min. wondering on how a fly could survive a nuke. went to sit down and drink my coffee. Any guesses ????

6. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    lol its in your coffee you make my day which is good .i had to have blood work this am i feel drugged not having my morning injection of caffine

7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Yes - she was Miss Jefferson County last year - just turned over her crown and title on Saturday to the newest winner.

Maybe your GS can get involved for next year - poultry project would seem to be a good fit for him [​IMG]

8. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    ol mare all went well but they still are acting scared to death even of me ..hopefully they with get use to their new surroundings

9. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    camping very pretty chickens

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hahaaa, Nope !! Microwave is out !! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.