Granola Bars

Ellyhutch

Songster
Dec 15, 2020
Has anyone ever tried making granola bars for their ducks? I have two indoor ducks, and my hen is such a big eater while she is laying, and sleeping the other half of the day. My drake is very bored as a result. I'd like to make him a treat that he can peck at and not inhale as quickly as lettuce or cabbage. I'm thinking some kind of granola bar or stick. Has anyone ever made something like this? Is a sticking agent like honey safe for duckies?

Many flocks like Flock Blocks for treats. You can also make homemade knock offs. Honey is fine in small amounts. And treats are fine, but not in EGG~cess amounts.

Foraging in a run will also help keep him entertained, or swimming.

When I had just two ducks I gave them a couple of those ball cat toys with the bell in them. They seemed to enjoy that then. You might also try a treat ball like for dogs and put some duck safe treats in them.

They are a duck and chicken toy I hand make. It is easy to make. It is a plastic drink bottle, cleaned out. Drill 5~15 holes big enough for scratch, dried meal worms, and treats to come out of, but no large enough for them to pour out.

Back
Top Bottom