Green Egg Envy: Our attempts at breeding our own olive eggers!

Bumping this thread because I can't wait to hear more.
I hope the baby with the foot issue is doing better. Update when you get a chance :cd

Last edited:
Love your project! Thought I would follow and wait for updates
1f600.png

UPDATE:​
Hello Everyone! The six chicks that I hatched are doing very well. Exactly half have tails and half have none. I love the wide variety of grey that all the chicks are turning out to be, with a hint of red splash. I am excited to see what they look like full grown! The chicks are growing well and are very friendly, especially Lilly, the little light grey rumpless one. She lets my 4yo son tote her around the yard, pick her up, and feed her bugs. They all jump up onto the edge of the nesting box and say "Hi" when I go to check eggs which is fun. I put another batch of eggs in the incubator, but the relay went out so I think they were toasted. Time will tell.
All Six on the Nesting Boxes!
#1 Little Lilly, my sons favorite. Light gray, No tail. Peach Legs. So sweet and beautiful!
#2 Grey Barred w/ Tail. Peach Legs. She is very tame and calm.
#3 Grey and red Barring w/ Tail. Peach Legs. Kinda ugly, IMO.
#4 Grey on Black Mottled w/ Tail. Black legs.
#5 My spouses favorite! Black with Red on face and breast. No Tail. Black Legs.

#6 is my favorite, dark grey lacing, No Tail. Black legs. Ran away before I could get a close up. Haha!

For all of you wondering about the chick with the deformed foot, here is what I did: NOTHING! I can't even tell who had it anymore!
lol.png
Apparently she outgrew it while running around without any help from myself. So there you are! All those little chicks are growing up! Can't wait for them to start laying - it's going to take forever!

UPDATE:​
Hello Everyone! The six chicks that I hatched are doing very well. Exactly half have tails and half have none. I love the wide variety of grey that all the chicks are turning out to be, with a hint of red splash. I am excited to see what they look like full grown! The chicks are growing well and are very friendly, especially Lilly, the little light grey rumpless one. She lets my 4yo son tote her around the yard, pick her up, and feed her bugs. They all jump up onto the edge of the nesting box and say "Hi" when I go to check eggs which is fun. I put another batch of eggs in the incubator, but the relay went out so I think they were toasted. Time will tell. All Six on the Nesting Boxes! [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]#1 Little Lilly, my sons favorite. Light gray, No tail. Peach Legs. So sweet and beautiful! #2 Grey Barred w/ Tail. Peach Legs. She is very tame and calm. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]#3 Grey and red Barring w/ Tail. Peach Legs. Kinda ugly, IMO. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]#4 Grey on Black Mottled w/ Tail. Black legs. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]#5 My spouses favorite! Black with Red on face and breast. No Tail. Black Legs. #6 is my favorite, dark grey lacing, No Tail. Black legs. Ran away before I could get a close up. Haha! For all of you wondering about the chick with the deformed foot, here is what I did: NOTHING! I can't even tell who had it anymore! :lol: Apparently she outgrew it while running around without any help from myself. So there you are! All those little chicks are growing up! Can't wait for them to start laying - it's going to take forever!
They are gorgeous!!

They are really cute. I can hardly wait to see what color eggs the pullets produce. Buddy's sisters lay bluish/greenish eggs (Steve says they are blue but they have a greenish cast to them).

Back
Top Bottom