Green poop

Holly_Rae

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2018
I had a chick who i found one morning and he couldnt walk. I assumed he had fallen off something and hurt his leg. A few days indoors and some r and r and he was back up and walking fine. He is much smaller than his sister and i think these poops belong to him...Any ideas what could be causing it?
IMG_7454.JPG

He is 10 weeks old. He is on chick crumb as main source of food, plus weeds and greens.
IMG_8694.JPG

I had a chick who i found one morning and he couldnt walk. I assumed he had fallen off something and hurt his leg. A few days indoors and some r and r and he was back up and walking fine. He is much smaller than his sister and i think these poops belong to him...Any ideas what could be causing it?
View attachment 1825917
Assuming your camera hasn't messed about with the colour too much that colour green is not a good sign.
Eating a lot of vegetation does make poop green but it's normally a dark green. That colour I would associate with an infection.

no, the picture is pretty accurate as to the colour! Thats what i'm worried about. It's been green like that for a while. He seems fine in himself though... :(

no, the picture is pretty accurate as to the colour! Thats what i'm worried about. It's been green like that for a while. He seems fine in himself though... :(
I would send a poop sample to a vet for analysis. The last chicken I had with green poop like that was a rooster who later died of kidney failure. The kidney failures was we think the result of eating high calcium content layers pellets.
Sorry to not be more positive.

Back
Top Bottom