Ground Hog's Day Hatch

That would make a great school project, kellyn!
thumbsup.gif
I can't imagine anyone not wanting to participate...unless they're allergic to chickens. Plus, it's a subject you know a great deal about so practically a guaranteed A+ for you!
Yeah, I've been wanting to do it for YEARS!!! I know I won't get and A, teacher's too ... ... ... I'll just leave it to your imagination. ;) I made a forum for it, that I'll update every now and then on the progress of the eggs. I'll be setting 18 tomorow for a leap-day hatch. Aaanyone wanna join me? I'm pretty lonely in my empty forum. XD only 1 person replied, and that was to say they couldn't join... sadness! But it's fine. There's 2 other threads for leap-day hatching anyways. Diiid your Lavs hatch yeeet? I reeeally want to see a picture of what they look like~ the only orphinton I've ever seen in real-life was my old buff orphington. And my last egg hatched. I have 12!!! It's a wellsummerX.

Scratch that, I spoke too soon. I think my last chick is gonna die... like 10 seconds after I sent that last post it started peeping really loudly and twitching. Back to the bator! It's unlikely it'll live.

Congrats on those that have lived.

Sorry about the ones that died.

My sixteen lively little chicks are all doing great in the Laree Brooder... and their wings are growing as are some of the tail feathers.... but oh my, they make a mess.

you know, I guess all chickens do.

Yeah, I've been wanting to do it for YEARS!!! I know I won't get and A, teacher's too ... ... ... I'll just leave it to your imagination.
wink.png

I made a forum for it, that I'll update every now and then on the progress of the eggs. I'll be setting 18 tomorow for a leap-day hatch.
Aaanyone wanna join me? I'm pretty lonely in my empty forum. XD only 1 person replied, and that was to say they couldn't join... sadness! But it's fine. There's 2 other threads for leap-day hatching anyways.
Diiid your Lavs hatch yeeet? I reeeally want to see a picture of what they look like~ the only orphinton I've ever seen in real-life was my old buff orphington.
And my last egg hatched. I have 12!!! It's a wellsummerX.

Nothing happening with my Lavs yet, tomorrow's the big day finally! 21 days seems like forever when you're waiting on a hatch. It's awesome that you're going to do a Leap Day hatch...I've got 10+ BBS Orp eggs that are coming tomorrow! I'll have to wait for the Lavs to hatch though before I set them....may be a day or two behind yours. I thought it would take longer for the BBS eggs to get here but tracking says they'll be here tomorrow. These Lavs are going to have to get with it
smile.png

congrats to everyone!

the little guy i helped, who I named "shrinky dink" died last night. his curved foot had self-straightened. he had no fear--just love peepin' with his peeps. but he wasn't growing. i don't think he could eat or drink well enough with his curved beak.

so, to those who have lost chicks, i'm feelin' you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom