The stems had multiple leaves on them. I had plucked them off to bury/stick the stims in as deep as possible. It is much deeper than just the leaves. The stem I had buried was 4 inches long and had 2 branch nodes growing on it. I had to pick the leaves off in the area I was burying.
th

Had to grab that picture online because I am with my grandparents.
Also
th

They looked kinda like that, but a lot bigger and more healthy with nodes on it.

That's what I thought. Those are just leaves without a stem or a growing point. Tomato leaves are complex, with the leaf stem having a number of smaller leaflets attached. I am not sure if these will root. I have not attempted to root them.

You're very easily upset. Whatever. Was referring to this by "complex"... it's the scientific term.
leaf.png

Your photos did not clarify the process well. I didn't know if you were trying this out and had never done it before and only wanted to help. When there are stems and nodes, this is called rooting suckers and is a time old trick. But the way you describe it and the photos you used suggest you're just sticking leaves into dirt and expecting a plant to grow. I would never suggest burying the whole stem like that including the growing tip.

5b27f2a76f294.image.jpg

Only the lowest couple inches should be planted.

Last edited:
You're very easily upset. Whatever. Was referring to this by "complex"... it's the scientific term.
View attachment 1786579

Your photos did not clarify the process well. I didn't know if you were trying this out and had never done it before and only wanted to help. When there are stems and nodes, this is called rooting suckers and is a time old trick. But the way you describe it and the photos you used suggest you're just sticking leaves into dirt and expecting a plant to grow. I would never suggest burying the whole stem like that including the growing tip.

5b27f2a76f294.image.jpg

Thank you for trying to help, and I'm really sorry. I haven't been having the best of days here recently, I don't usually act like this... I apologize...

View attachment 1786579

5b27f2a76f294.image.jpg

I just ask for your forgiveness. I'm a stupid foolish boy. I'm really sorry. I read what I wrote and deleted it. I'm quite ashamed. Again I'm sorry

Very good information from a young person! Sharing is great. You are not a “stupid foolish boy”! Tomatoes are one of the plants that can grow roots almost anywhere on their stems, even without using rooting hormones, though nodes are the best place for root development. A great place to start learning propagation by cloning. I spent ten years working in plant propagation and breeding in greenhouses, there’s nothing horribly wrong in what you’re doing that I see. You perfect your techniques through practice.

It’s always best to cut on an angle near the node with a razor blade if possible to avoid crushing or damaging the stem. Also you can root them in little compressed jifffy peat pellets which improves your success due to lack of nutrients and their ability to hold water. A rooting plant doesnt need the NPK fertilizers to grow at first and thay can inhibit rooting. The reason to remove the majority of the leaves is to reduce the water needs of the rooting plant through transpiration. A plastic dome to retain humidity can help with this as well. You can buy a starting tray with a lid and pellets fairly cheaply. Cuttings should be 2-4” high and include a growing point.

Have fun, I appreciated your thread, pictures and enthusiasm for gardening. Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope your day goes well!

Very good information from a young person! Sharing is great. You are not a “stupid foolish boy”! Tomatoes are one of the plants that can grow roots almost anywhere on their stems, even without using rooting hormones, though nodes are the best place for root development. A great place to start learning propagation by cloning. I spent ten years working in plant propagation and breeding in greenhouses, there’s nothing horribly wrong in what you’re doing that I see. You perfect your te
How did you find out when league war starts?

chniques through practice.

It’s always best to cut on an angle near the node with a razor blade if possible to avoid crushing or damaging the stem. Also you can root them in little compressed jifffy peat pellets which improves your success due to lack of nutrients and their ability to hold water. A rooting plant doesnt need the NPK fertilizers to grow at first and thay can inhibit rooting. The reason to remove the majority of the leaves is to reduce the water needs of the rooting plant through transpiration. A plastic dome to retain humidity can help with this as well. You can buy a starting tray with a lid and pellets fairly cheaply. Cuttings should be 2-4” high and include a growing point.

Have fun, I appreciated your thread, pictures and enthusiasm for gardening. Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope your day goes well!

Thank you, but I was quite stupid and foolish with the way I reacted. I may not be stupid but I am quite foolish

Back
Top Bottom