Gun Laws in YOUR State

WI JUST passed the concealed carry law thing.
tongue.png

You've got to have a permit, which you have to have I think 8 hours of gun safety training and no felony convictions and such, obviously.
Same goes for carrying a loaded gun in your car.
tongue.png

Quote:
You sure about that? Unless it has changed, the way I read the SC law you have to have a weapon license to carry ether way in SC an they don't except Ga license as valid in there state ether.

Here in NC, open carry can be done without a permit, if I'm not mistaken. Need a permit for concealed carry.

Quote:
Honestly, there's no such thing as a completely safe place. Having a gun (or five) is just being prepared. We don't anticipate ever being victims of a home invasion, yet we still keep a shotgun handy, just in case. It's not hurting anything, and if we never have to use it, great! I certainly, however, do not want to be unarmed in the event of a home invasion. Same goes for concealed carry. It's very discreet, there's no intimidation factor, and it will have no effect on how you go about your day-to-day life. You'll probably never use it - but it just might save your life.

Quote:
When I see people with guns on them in public I actually get a feeling of pride. Plus if they are one of the locals I usually ask them on the specs of the gun. Also my family has guns because we can and for safety. if there is a home invasion (1% chance) then we are prepared. It is also fun to go to the local gun range on saturdays and shoot.

Quote:
Not that I think I need a gun to be safe every time I go out, the point is safety. Also a right that is not being used will be lost. Didn't y'all use to have the right to carry an now dont?

A armed community make robbery a dangerous occupation. Disarmed community makes robbery safer for robbers an make crime go up. Bad guys like going places that they are less likely to get shot.

In the 7 years I have been carrying I have put down several animals that had been injured, one attacking a person an ran off a man with bad intentions for a young store clerk.

Thanks for the information. We had the right to own a fire arm before martin bryant went on a mass killing spree some years ago and killed alot of people in Tasmania. You can still own a rifle if you have a property but you must have a gun licence and a registered gun. i can't imagine needing one for protection here.

Quote:
Honestly, there's no such thing as a completely safe place. Having a gun (or five) is just being prepared. We don't anticipate ever being victims of a home invasion, yet we still keep a shotgun handy, just in case. It's not hurting anything, and if we never have to use it, great! I certainly, however, do not want to be unarmed in the event of a home invasion. Same goes for concealed carry. It's very discreet, there's no intimidation factor, and it will have no effect on how you go about your day-to-day life. You'll probably never use it - but it just might save your life.

True. . It is great to hear opinions from others. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with me.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
You may find this interesting. This is a press conference. The sheriff is talking about a attempted rape of a woman walking her dog by someone who has been in jail over an over.

Thank you . I can see your point in this video.

Quote:
When I see people with guns on them in public I actually get a feeling of pride. Plus if they are one of the locals I usually ask them on the specs of the gun. Also my family has guns because we can and for safety. if there is a home invasion (1% chance) then we are prepared. It is also fun to go to the local gun range on saturdays and shoot.

Thanks everyone for answering my question. Sorry o/p i did not mean to high jack your thread. I often wondered about guns in America so i thought i would ask. Once again thanks all.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thought I would add that rape in Queensland was reported at 34 for every 100,000 people an rape in South Caroline where that sheriff is was reported at 31.7 for every 100,000 people. An both show an assalt number of 452 for every 100,000 people so its not that we have more crime. Its close to the same.

Back
Top Bottom