Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

Pics
Because it's impossible to see anything through the double membrane in the air cell. I can't peel it off because all of the veins are attached to it. So in order to see anything the pointy end has to be opened.
You pull off the air cell membrane and leave the other membrane

To upload a video, upload it to YouTube, & link it back here?
Well guys, I've been up for around 36 hrs so I'm going to bed now. Will keep you informed on seven of eight's valiant struggle.
Best made plans of mice and woman. I had other chicken thing to take care of before bed. Made one last check in on 7 and he's trying to stand but his right leg won't work. He's in a brinsea going around in circles. He finally got up. I have four other groups of eggs in my jonelle incubator, each hatching at different times. I just move them to the brinsea for lockdown. As I'm watching 7 try to walk the jonelle starts flashing that it's too hot. 101.5 Holy crap.
So, prays the Lord and pass the amunition. My mom used to say that. I had to go outside and talk to the Lord to see what the world is going on. Haven't i had enough stress today. So we went to work.
Brooder is all set up and warmed so baby 7 who is mostly dry goes under the heating plate thing, don't even know what it's called by i love it. He's not ambulatory enough to get out from under it. I wash the bottom of the brinsea with soap and water then rinse with rubbing alcohol. The working part doesn't get a good cleaning like I planed, just rubbed down with alcohol. Leave the tray out and 9 eggs get crammed in.
I'm leaving the jonelle running to see if it straightens out.I
Have you ever had yours to crazy like that?

You pull off the air cell membrane and leave the other membrane
What about all of the veins attached to it though? When I tried pulling off the air cell on the other (previous attempt, after ET, and before these) egg, it ruptured a vein and bled out, it died in 20 minutes. I just don't want that to happen to this one.

What about all of the veins attached to it though? When I tried pulling off the air cell on the other (previous attempt, after ET, and before these) egg, it ruptured a vein and bled out, it died in 20 minutes. I just don't want that to happen to this one.
I’ve never seen veins attached to the air cell membrane. Usually all the veins are on the membrane that is around the chick.

Help please!!!
@FortCluck @CluckNDoodle @JaeG @SnapdragonQ @BirdsBeesTrees
#1 (just in the last couple hours) has gotten really cloudy inside! I haven't applied anything in her at all. Humidity has stayed steady, temp is perfect. What do I do? Here's a pic.
20200817_162813~2.jpg

She is also definitely "shadowing". She's pushing her feet and her head up against the top constantly. It looks like she's going to tear it.
20200817_162630.jpg
20200817_162649.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom