Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
Candled my seramas and tolbunts last night.
4 Tolbunts doing great, 2 early quitters, 1 clea(hatch date Nov3)
7 seramas still going strong. They should hatch the 31-1.
***The Halloween babies I placed on the 10th are doing good. 10 out of 14. 2 clears and 2 early quitters.***
They will go on lockdown Friday!
:wee
What is the longest you have seen an egg go and still hatched successfully?
me=23 daze but weak chick and assisted..
3 out of my 4 I set are looking great!
good for you!:thumbsup
Just candled and all 4 turkey eggs and 22 chicken eggs look good with nice veins and movement! One more week ...... wow
:highfive:
Super disappointing, but the chicks are super cute!
That's how I ended up with a trillion chickens.. I am fond of the cuties...
Really?!?! Awesome. Ok, that one gets named Liz. :D
:lau
i hand turn these. They are in rows. I pick up one from one end, roll the whole row to the empty space, insert the first one back at the other end. So they all travel across the bator at one time or another, and all get rolled the same.
My Hallowbatch is a mirror image of you efforts..:)
your chickie is like my piggies..
IMG_20161128_131947.jpg

9qYMIG9q1JYk68STpdtTyfCS_7E8T7PvQ7zd1UVAiwUO-U3iTw6GL0-J8JQnsL6Lg8SSPkW-ny_VUVIobyEFlTH15dpInEKBLV6P_Y0xxXh66bolPpprTWdAPPk4amXs5oyfd7wrscXQM_kE2kl8fLcbpr6AX2ssfi5QV-iUhWmz9vQbWF5DCtpcZ3WHyS6yGPzEPEn2id8uisfwpF-Ni_7cwr4WQffTo8Nt0jvJp0djULVW8-_I9WIHDe4fLeG4hm8ikTDXHUlrpGx0Yt18J37f2RvzNdCAol4ohivZgjIFEqnPJt7HXQQl-4xbx4zaoAGN8lJ_dcHL2gmN7N9egjg80587jNiUmPaFiWnSJx4nfApKXBmaaplbq1KLr0jdMv70c9ju6v_s81cHNk0_Q_15kclCuGIQhl02epH5cVkFuzT0PIOWyYQbmHDxd8Z0FMWOflc9qJrWg4vi0K3tdwT_ikeZTbF_Cy7gDhTkK9wGrpz8SU9-BJgvu28ky9xrdC_h4KuDbbsIgDwBtMSAMB2zb8hBdmPiibUe6w0a3V7anQOYEbBv3r93kvLVL8UVghmMUDEj3x5jnjKZIk9p6eEAkS_iF3Ir6oO14k8pk0I=w2026-h1356-no
:lau Seems good to me. Hear that, everyone??
:old my battery is running low in my hearing aid.. could you speak louder?
:bun

FIRST POST OF THE DAY! (sadly:rolleyes:)
Candled the school eggs during our parent teach conference today. Turning the heat up .5 degrees must have done the trick because all 5 are doing great! :celebrateI'm feeling more confident about these Halloween babies!

Also, I accidentally dropped an egg last week while turning them and cracked it pretty good. :eek: In a blind panic and because I don't own nailpolish I slapped a piece of ducktape cut to size on the egg. It cover about 1/4 of the egg. Now I'm feeling foolish cause I have no idea how that chick is going to hatch! Should I just wait till day 19 and then peel it off as carefully as I can?!? Ugh. Why didn't I think that through better?!:th

FIRST POST OF THE DAY! (sadly:rolleyes:)
Candled the school eggs during our parent teach conference today. Turning the heat up .5 degrees must have done the trick because all 5 are doing great! :celebrateI'm feeling more confident about these Halloween babies!

Also, I accidentally dropped an egg last week while turning them and cracked it pretty good. :eek: In a blind panic and because I don't own nailpolish I slapped a piece of ducktape cut to size on the egg. It cover about 1/4 of the egg. Now I'm feeling foolish cause I have no idea how that chick is going to hatch! Should I just wait till day 19 and then peel it off as carefully as I can?!? Ugh. Why didn't I think that through better?!:th

I would wait and do your best to peel it gently. is the chick still looking okay through candling or is it too dark to see? If the chick has died/died from the shock of the drop, it may just leak and affect the other eggs, so I would keep a CLOSE eye on it....

I would wait and do your best to peel it gently. is the chick still looking okay through candling or is it too dark to see? If the chick has died/died from the shock of the drop, it may just leak and affect the other eggs, so I would keep a CLOSE eye on it....
Membrane was all intact when I taped it. I did candle it today and it's still alive and kicking around. No oozing, so that's good! I'm thinking peel gently too, just REALLY NERVOUS about it!

Membrane was all intact when I taped it. I did candle it today and it's still alive and kicking around. No oozing, so that's good! I'm thinking peel gently too, just REALLY NERVOUS about it!

I think if you go slowly and put water on the edges of the tape to loosen the adhesive as you go, maybe use a feeding syringe or your fingers to drip water and break the seal it has on the egg, you should be able to remove it safely. Fingers crossed for you down here in AZ :fl

I think if you go slowly and put water on the edges of the tape to loosen the adhesive as you go, maybe use a feeding syringe or your fingers to drip water and break the seal it has on the egg, you should be able to remove it safely. Fingers crossed for you down here in AZ :fl
Thanks I will try, wishing it was any other tape but ducktape right now! haha, but hey duck tape fixes everything!

Thanks I will try, wishing it was any other tape but ducktape right now! haha, but hey duck tape fixes everything!

:fl
I've had success with that paper-like medical tape. I also lost 2, not long ago, that a broody had cracked. I brought them in and taped, but they quit.
The ones that have survived, I peeled away any area that might get in the way of a zip, and left the rest of the tape. So if it makes it to the end, that might work for you too. :) good luck

Back
Top Bottom