Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
IMG_8881.JPG

21 and counting - 4 eggs still showing movement inside as of last night so we will see if they hatch.

If someone hasn't already asked this question, has anyone thought ahead to what they plan to name their little Halloween hatchlings? Any good Halloween-type names?
Names are rare for birds with us. Although we do have a few adults named that we are fond of.
My Hallow-Hatch will be rehomed with the exception of Sunflowers. We are currently under population control. This batch on the 31st will be my final batch for awhile. A long long while. Unless a can find a home for a hundred + birds soon. Need a chicken? lol

This batch is it for me until spring.
That is/was our plan if we can reduce what we hatched and raised here in recent past. We were running 3 bators, 3 hatches a month. Sales were really good. Then the phone stopped ringing as often. Then we hatched 2 times a month.. then 1 time. In the end (presently) I am going thru 200# of feed a week. Lost track of how many but still color banded for age. Crazy amount. If I can reduce flock..I will set some for the Spring because sales then are more favorable for new born chicks (less feed)
When I sell, it is like walking thru an ocean of chickens, all pecking at my socks. I should video it..
I think if I trip and fall, that might be the end of me.. one last giant meal for the birdies! lol

I certainly hope some chicks hatch for the kids. How long ago did you purchase it? Have you contacted Brinsea?

I hope the classroom eggs hatch too, I want it SO bad. I've had the brinsea for over 2 years now. It was a gift from my lovely husband. I never thought about contacting the company! I blame having a 1 and 4 yo at the time. Suppose it's too late now. :) Oh well. I know the temp/turning thing is real, but maybe I've also had some bad luck? I'm going to keep trying! Haha.

After this batch of chicks hatch and I go out to the farm I'll try and get a picture of Jack for you :) He tends to like to take his little flock into the underbrush so he's a bit frustrating to photograph sometimes! I'll have to try some peanuts and entice them out! ;)

Back
Top Bottom