Pics
OK, my doves have snuck 2 eggs past me and they are both fertile. Early days yet but they should be due around the 24th by the looks of them. They only hatched 1 out of 2 last time so I'm hoping they continue the trend. My society finches have also got a bunch of eggs in a food bowl they are all helping to incubate (I know they don't count but they are darn cute - not even sure the doves count). AND I have another Button quail laying herself a brood. I don't need any more babies at the moment! :barnie

Love the chick vending machine @Farmer Connie - can't wait for photos.
I'm having a hard time being accurate with the various posts of broody's and ovens, as far as the log is concerned. So if anybody finds a typo on the master log within the first post of the HHAL thread, bring it to my attention please. I'm playing major catch up right now. I should be heady-steady here real soon. A lot to sort out. Finally undivided attention.
love.gif

Hey everyone! :weeI'm unexpectedly joining in with my first hatch ever. :celebrateMy BCW Polish hen Peebles went broody earlier this month and she's doing such a great job I can't bare to take them away from her. So I guess I'm having a unplanned Halloween hatch. :clapAnyways, there's four eggs and I estimate the set date to be October 6th, so they'll be a little early. Two of them are hers and two of them are from my other hens, Henrietta (RIR) and Lucille, a fake easter egger. She turned out to only lay brown eggs. ): I don't know if the other hens have one egg each in the nest or if one of them laid both. I have two roosters, one a white silkie mix and the other a full blooded blue silkie. I guess I'll have to wait a while to be able to even guess at the chick's parentage. :hmm
So to sum it up:
How Many: 4
What Kind: 2 BCW polish x silkie, 2 brown eggs that could be RIR x Silkie or EE x Silkie
Set Date: October 6th
Type of Incubator: Broody Polish Hen

I'm so excited I can hardly wait. :love Never in my life has 21 days felt like such a long time!:barnie
Try hatching guineas! 35 days!

My eggs were officially set yesterday (10th) around 1pm. Hatch a batch app is set to start counting today. Made their first hand turn this morning.

I’m incubating in my usual homemade coolerbater. Dry run (humidity runs at 30% even then) hand turning 5x a day.

Not holding my breath as I’m just now getting better fertility rates from my young rooster. But happy to see if I have more success this round.

:welcome
I'm new here to BYC. My name is Kayla and I'm a hatch-a-holic. I actually joined BYC because of this hatch-a-long!! Such an exciting idea!

So, for this Halloween Hatch, I set 12 (SHIPPED) Crele Orpington eggs yesterday - 10/10/18 @ 8 pm.

Sending everyone hugs and positive vibes on this fun journey.

Back
Top Bottom